+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Me See If I Can Express it Correctly.

I've never been that impressed with Wiedman, I'm still not that impressed. Anderson beat himself last night, Chris got lucky by catching him. Chris had him beat in the first round. In the second Silva tried to avoid the takedown by doing what he does best, striking (or avoiding) he did the same thing against Miaia because he didnt want to go to the ground. He got cocky and got caught.

I've always hated Silva as a person because he is a spoiled cocky brat. I'm glad he lost. However, with all that being said, I smell a rat. There was something fishy going on last night

HOLY COW! That was freaking nuts! I had chills going into the second, totally wild.

I don't believe he was "clowning" around just to goof off; it seemed like a strategy to throw off his opponent and bait him into striking instead of wrestling. Overall, baiting Weidman to stop grappling is the right strategy but he took it a bit too far. Clearly cocky, but I don't see it as disrespectful.

I don't agree with some of the posts here. I don't think Silva knew he was going lose, nor do I think he's finally "free." He just lost a ton of money and a bit of his legacy. I thought his speech after was reasonable and have no reason to think it was fake.

I'd like to see him take a non-title fight and then challenge for the title again. It'd be great to see him retire with the belt or at least try to.

So who gets the next shot at the title? Seems like that Vitor/Weidman fight could finally happen and I'd love to see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

3. 07-07-2013, 05:30 PM

Reason
    Fuck double posting.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Dunno if it's been said already but Fedor running into Werdum's guard with wreckless abandon was cocky you clown. Fedor was known for sitting in BJJ black beltsguard without much of a care.
    I would think that could throw off some black belts and cause them to fight more cautiously. Werdum saw it as a golden opportunity to capitalize, and he did just that.

Anderson Silva with his quick reflexes stood in the pocket with quite a few fighters, baiting them into expending energy by throwing punches intent on both the knockout and potential infamy. Weidman capitalized on a golden opportunity that was afforded to him by the actions of a showboat.

If an opportunity opens itself up to you, you take advantage. Fedor might have been confident in his defense, but he got caught. I've never seen him get overwhelmingly cocky in someone's guard, like giving his opponent an arm just to get out of it and make him look dreadfully bad.

Weidman took advantage and knocked out a fighter who seemingly had an aura of invincibility around him. He worked to get to this position (and yes, with a few other fighters losing and getting sidetracked with other fights). He earned the belt tonight. It sucks that it's tarnished with talks of Silva not wanting to be champion anymore. Maybe he didn't, but he probably didn't want to lose that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post

So who gets the next shot at the title? Seems like that Vitor/Weidman fight could finally happen and I'd love to see it!
    Make no mistake about it--there will be an immediate rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    Make no mistake about it--there will be an immediate rematch.
    Unless Silva decides he wants Jones

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    Unless Silva decides he wants Jones
    It doesn't matter if Silva wants Jones or not. He lost his shot at Jones. At least for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    It doesn't matter if Silva wants Jones or not. He lost his shot at Jones. At least for the time being.
    That might be the funniest thing I've ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Dunno if it's been said already but Fedor running into Werdum's guard with wreckless abandon was cocky you clown. Fedor was known for sitting in BJJ black beltsguard without much of a care.
    Fedor playing into the ground game of bbj guys wasn't being cocky, it was him clearly having faith in his ability to get around it. It worked for him throughout his entire career. If he was pulling an Anderson Silva, he would have laid on the mat immediately and invited the BBJ artist to get on him...........that would be the equivalent of the Spider's showboating.

Look, this loss doesn't take away from Anderson Silva's legacy.......the man kicked the shit out of his division, undefeated, for years. He was the Fedor of his weight class. But this loss is just embarrassing. This is what happened to Overreem, only worse. If Anderson Silva had Fedor's humility, he would have been able to keep his streak going for a few more years and retired undefeated. He has nobody but himself to blame.

There would be no end to the derision that flies dana's way if he doesnt set up a rematch. I might actually pay to see that happen. Despite what Anderson said after the fight, i expect to see them throw down again by new year's. It will be interesting to see if he approaches it the same way; clowning put him in a bad spot, I'd expect absolute focused destruction the next time out

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    That might be the funniest thing I've ever heard
    You can laugh it up all you want, but the bottom line is Silva will face Weidman in an immediate rematch. He will not fight Jones in his next fight under any circumstances. No if's, and's or but's about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information