Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming to terms with the oddness of Silva vs. Weidman

1. Default

In all honesty have some of Andersons punches looked very powerful and his opponet fell down Forest comes to mind

Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I think silva just got caught clowning. It wasn't weird, he does it all the time. My walk away was silva basically gifted the belt to weidman. I think weidman is an amazing fighter, but if silva fought seriously in that 2nd rd he would have taken it. Instead he chose to fight cocky and stupid and weidman punished him. As a big Anderson fan it was all on him, weidman had the guts to come forward, and caught him acting foolish. I was disappointed because I wanted it to be an amazing fight. Regardless of how hard Dana white tries to talk me into thinking it was a good fight, it wasn't. It was a good first round. I hope silva takes the rematch, takes it more seriously and turns the show boating down a bit. I've always said I was ok with the showboating if the other guy couldn't do anything about, well silva... This guy did. Come back and redeem yourself.

I've pretty much accepted it now, it's still kind of disappointing as a fan of Silva that he lost basically fucking around though. Yeah he showboats and drops his hands a lot but it's a big difference doing that to Maia and Griffin that pose no standing threat to you than it is to Weidman. Would have loved to have seen Silva take the same approach he did to the first Franklin fight but what can you do. Hopefully lesson learned for the rematch.

Also, Weidman is a good dude, very likable and talented so it's not the end of the world with him as the champ.

Oddly enough the last time Anderson Silva lost, the Miami Heat won the NBA Championship too.

Other facts about the year 2006....

iTunes billionth song was downloaded in February 2006. It was 'Speed of Sound' by Coldplay.

Dick Cheney "accidentally" shot his friend Harry Whittington in the face.

Best Film Oscar Winner: The Departed

Superbowl XL Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers

Saddam Hussein is convicted of crimes against humanity by an Iraqi court (Nov. 5), and hanged in Baghdad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I want those 7 years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    The only thing that was remotely weird about the fight is that Anderson fought someone that wasn't intimidated of him. Anderson did the same arrogant showboating that he always does and this time he paid for it. Plain and simple.
    Right on - It was the same thing with when Liddell began to get beat. The guys that were intimidated or gave him to much repsect while striking in the ring with him had the most trouble. I guess it was Rampage that led the way showing no fear while fighting Liddell.

Man bloody elbow sucks donkey dick. Silva obviously wasn't doing his best be was trying to psych out weidman by insulting and daring him to strike first. However instead of doing nothing like Maia or shitting his pants like yushin or trying to do a fucking spinning back fist by Chael, weidman played it smart getting the KO.

The funniest thing about it is that as surprising as this loss is it doesn't hurt his legacy at all. The thing that could possibly hurt his legacy is the prospect of him throwing a fight. An argument his idiot fanboys think is defending his legacy(which does not need to be defended) which in fact they are doing the opposite.

"Dick Cheney "accidentally" shot his friend Harry Whittington in the face."

lol Man i know when i hunt birds with my friends i know were that are at so this don't happen. because i love my friends.
    i still can't wrap my mind around this being an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    How the hell does anyone think what Anderson did was odd? That's his game. Why is it so hard to believe that his game just didn't work this time? Nothing he did was out of the ordinary. The only thing different was he fought a guy who was able to beat him at his game.
    Yes, and that guy was able to beat him at his own game in part due to having the reach advantage. Whereas Silva enjoyed that advantage for his entire UFC career till the Weidman fight.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Thread Information