+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming to terms with the oddness of Silva vs. Weidman

"Anderson Silva wasn't trying, he was messing around"

Anderson was trying to bait Weidman into a reckless striking match. He was dropping his hands and clowning around out of range. He did this because he knew Weidman could take him down and Anderson had no answer to that.

Anderson did everything he could to bring Chris into his biggest strength and get the KO. Anderson brought his A game along with the best strategy he could think of to get Chris to trade punches with him and it actually worked. There was probably around 6 minutes of pure standup in their short fight. Too bad it got him KTFO'd.

I want the rematch. Lets start a poll to see what the next round of excuses will be when this over rated clown gets his shit handed to him again.
    Last edited by v3xi; 07-08-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Man bloody elbow sucks donkey dick. Silva obviously wasn't doing his best be was trying to psych out weidman by insulting and daring him to strike first. However instead of doing nothing like Maia or shitting his pants like yushin or trying to do a fucking spinning back fist by Chael, weidman played it smart getting the KO.

The funniest thing about it is that as surprising as this loss is it doesn't hurt his legacy at all. The thing that could possibly hurt his legacy is the prospect of him throwing a fight. An argument his idiot fanboys think is defending his legacy(which does not need to be defended) which in fact they are doing the opposite
    It's frankly bizarre that some fanboys cannot accept that the fighter they idolise is less than superhuman, and would rather believe he is corrupt and guilty of fight fixing. As if this is somehow an improvement on the situation.

Could more people say things that I like more often so that I can rep Hoss?!?!?
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I want those 7 years back.
    Yeah me to...

Quote Originally Posted by cpac77 View Post
    Yes, and that guy was able to beat him at his own game in part due to having the reach advantage. Whereas Silva enjoyed that advantage for his entire UFC career till the Weidman fight.
    Well he hasn't always had a reach advantage at least when he moved up to LHW, but that aside he clearly misjudged Weidmans reach. I also think that Weidman deserves a little more credit as well he set up the left with a very unorthodox right just before that put Silva's chin right where it needed to be. Silva dropping his hands certainly helped but Weidman's ability to deal with it mentally and training for it is really what lead to the win.

Quote Originally Posted by cpac77 View Post
    Yes, and that guy was able to beat him at his own game in part due to having the reach advantage. Whereas Silva enjoyed that advantage for his entire UFC career till the Weidman fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Well he hasn't always had a reach advantage at least when he moved up to LHW, but that aside he clearly misjudged Weidmans reach.
    Point of Clarity: Weidman actually had less than half-an-inch of reach advantage. I do believe it played a role, because Anderson has been so used to having reach advantages. In his LHW fights, Anderson only gave up significant reach advantage to Bonnar.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

6. Default

not weird at all....

IF you deside to fight with your hands down on your waist and your chin sticking out, the odds of you getting KTFO go up by a huge factor.

Silva's plan was working. He taunted Chris Weidman, Weidman abandoned his game plan. Instead of trying to take Silva down, Weidman put himself in danger. If Silva had ko’ed Weidman, everyone would be talking the next day about how Weidman stupidly let Silva suck him into a stand up fight that he had no chance of winning.

Only reason why Weidman won:

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Silva's plan was working. He taunted Chris Weidman, Weidman abandoned his game plan. Instead of trying to take Silva down, Weidman put himself in danger. If Silva had ko’ed Weidman, everyone would be talking the next day about how Weidman stupidly let Silva suck him into a stand up fight that he had no chance of winning.
    I was yelling at the TV telling Wiedman to take him down..."what are you doing? lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information