Thread: Frankie Edgar: I knew I had to get that first round.

1. Default Frankie Edgar: I knew I had to get that first round.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...t-first-round/

Entering last nights clash with Charles Oliveira, UFC featherweight Frankie Edgar hadnt fought in a three-round rumble since December 2009 due to his run as lightweight champion and 145-pound debut against divisional king Jose Aldo. Though Edgar started slow a few times during his streak of title-fights, he made sure to avoid doing such at UFC 162 in hopes of taking an early lead on the scorecards.

I didnt have the luxury of 25 minutes to get the job done so I had to make sure I came out the gate taking the fight to Charles right away, said Edgar in an interview with Fuel TV after the event. I didnt want to lose the first round because I knew Id have two more to make up for. I knew I had to get that first round.
    Oliveira put up a spirited fight but faded in the end, opening the door for Edgar to pick up a decision victory. With a win in tow and only a handful of competitors ahead of him in the rankings, Edgar is hoping to land a crack at top-contendership when it comes to his next fight instead of facing another mid-tier talent like Oliveira.

Id love another shot at a title. Whoever is gonna get me there is who I want, responded Edgar when asked about his immediate future.
    The performance improved Edgars career mark to 16-4-1 and also snapped a three-fight slide.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I find it silly that people called Olivera an easy opponent after the fight. Noob thoughts imo.

Thread Information