Thread: Mark Munoz Says if Anderson Doesn’t Want a Rematch with Weidman, He’d like One

Hybrid View

1. Default Mark Munoz Says if Anderson Doesn’t Want a Rematch with Weidman, He’d like One

http://www.mmaweekly.com/mark-munoz-...n-hed-like-one

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva said following his UFC 162 knockout loss to Chris Weidman that he didn’t want to exercise his option for an immediate rematch. Mark Munoz, however, is ready to fill the void.

“I worked hard for this fight. He has my respect because he is the best now. Chris is new champion. Chris is the champion now. I finish my work. I no more fight for the belt. I fight for the belt for a long time. I’m tired,” said the long-time titleholder following his knockout loss to Weidman.

If Silva declines, Munoz is more than willing to step up.

“I just want to say, if Anderson doesn’t fight Chris, I’d love to step in. I’d love to step in because this was the real Mark Munoz tonight,” said the 35-year-old middleweight contender during the UFC 162 post-fight press conference. “When I fought Chris, I actually had some adversity fighting him. So I would really love a rematch with him if Anderson doesn’t take it.”

Munoz and Weidman fought on July 11, 2012, with Weidman knocking Munoz out after landing an elbow standing and follow-up strikes on the ground.

Munoz’s dominant performance over Tim Beotsch at UFC 162 puts him back in the conversation of middleweight contenders, but Weidman holds a definitive victory over him, so a rematch seems unlikely to happen so soon.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I'd like to see Weidman/Silva II then Munoz/Bisping, and Belfort vs. Sonnen if he was actually inclined to ATTEMPT to get back in the picture and leave the Rua fight.

I think those would clear a lot up in the division.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

3. Default

Belfort Sonnen has got me thinking SimpleJack. As Sonnon knows were he doesn't stand at 205#

Thread Information