Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva: I would never fight a fight to lose.

1. Default Anderson Silva: I would never fight a fight to lose.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...fight-to-lose/

Former UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva is widely seen as one of the greatest fighters to ever grace the cage, though few would argue his performance last night at UFC 162 was anything close to legendary. In the evenings headliner, Silva squared off against Chris Weidman, attempting to bait the undefeated grappler to strike with him by dancing around and dropping his hands. Weidman bit, but blew Silva away with powerful, precise striking to become the new divisional king.

Silva spoke about his performance at the post-event press conference, admitting hed taken the wrong approach to taking out Weidman.

I always say I do my best and I feel tonight I did my best. I tried to induce Chris into playing my game and that didnt work, explained Silva. He threw some shots that landed. I got caught, so obviously my gameplan didnt work tonight. I cant make any excuses.

The 38-year old also addressed criticism about his actual desire to beat Weidman with some fans even going so far as to state he threw the tilt.

I would never fight a fight to lose. I trained four months for this fight to win this fight, said Silva. It is what happened. I lost the fight. A fights a fight.

The defeat snapped Silvas sixteen-fight run in the Octagon and was his first legitimate loss since late 2004. Also notable, it was the first time hed ever been stopped with strikes in a career spanning 38 scraps.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

All this talk about the fight being thrown is pure stupidity. Anderson played his game and got caught. It's as simple as that.

put your hands up dummy
    SAY WHAT?:headscratch:

Respect to Silva giving Weidman full credit.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Anderson fought that way, and lived by the gun so he died by that same gun in the end.. He won his fights and was P4P best because of that style and thats what he did so amazing, but it's what cost him in the end.. To say he threw it is just absurd.. If Anderson would have lost a few years back to Chael he would have said the same "I'm tired" too much pressure thing just like now..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Respect to Silva giving Weidman full credit.
    Exactly but if you go to Youtube you'll see a ton of morons going "Anderson's just trolling us" or "the fight was thrown for the money"

I've gotta stay away from the comment section for a while. There's just too many idiots having an opinion on there.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    Anderson fought that way, and lived by the gun so he died by that same gun in the end.. He won his fights and was P4P best because of that style and thats what he did so amazing, but it's what cost him in the end.. To say he threw it is just absurd.. If Anderson would have lost a few years back to Chael he would have said the same "I'm tired" too much pressure thing just like now..
    Taunting someone and standing in front of them like that isn't what made him the best, his amazing counter striking is. It's possible to counter strike without standing there with your hands down while having no respect for your opponent. You didn't see him doing that when he destroyed Hendo.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

After looking at the fight again I still think he threw it. He never threw anything to hurt Weidman. The most 'devestating' (if u can call it that) shots he threw were leg kicks. He never threw with intention of ending tn e fight. I'm not even a big Silva fan but that shit was funny to me, then u got his whole "I don't want fight for belt anymore, I hespect chris he great fighter".

Then to top it off after losing in such embarassing fashion he doesn't want a rematch at least?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    After looking at the fight again I still think he threw it. He never threw anything to hurt Weidman. The most 'devestating' (if u can call it that) shots he threw were leg kicks. He never threw with intention of ending tn e fight. I'm not even a big Silva fan but that shit was funny to me, then u got his whole "I don't want fight for belt anymore, I hespect chris he great fighter".

Then to top it off after losing in such embarassing fashion he doesn't want a rematch at least?
    Look at the bright side. He is free now. No more pressure to keep the fight streak going, no pressure to fight Jon Jones or do interviews with the media. He can pursue super fights without listening to people whine about him not defending his title. Fight fans who thought the mw division was stale due to his success can have renewed interest in the mw division.

The man already said he is not interested in pursuing titles anymore and just wants to fight for fun.

All problems resolved.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information