Thread: GSP reacts to Anderson Silva's KO loss to Chris Weidman

1. Default GSP reacts to Anderson Silva's KO loss to Chris Weidman

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/8/...-silva-weidman

Georges St. Pierre initially predicted that Chris Weidman would win against Anderson Silva, saying that the super-fight between him and fellow dominant UFC champion wouldn't happen because of this. Like most guys who predicted a Weidman victory though, GSP was also very surprised that he took the belt in that way, knocking Silva out could as the champ was clowning around.

As seen on the clip above, St. Pierre was competing at a WSOP poker tourney when spoke to the guys at Poker Listings, where he discusses the bout and the shocking finish.

"I predicted Chris Weidman would win but I didn't think he'd win the way he did. I thought he would win with ground and pound or some kind of submission but he won with a beautiful knockout standing up."

"But I think Silva just got caught. I still think he's the best in the world."

"Silva's very good at getting into his opponent's head so I don't think it's a lack of respect. It's more that he plays mind-games with his opponents. It almost worked this time but he got caught. It doesn't mean that it was a bad strategy for him."
    GSP went on to praise Silva and his stature in the sport's history, but he still stuck with his original prediction when asked about his thoughts on a potential rematch:

"You always recognize a great champion by how they come back from a loss and I know Silva came back from a loss and adversity before. He's the greatest of all time for sure."

"I'm really happy for Chris Weidman. He's my friend, his house got flooded, he's got a family and kid, and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. I'm very happy for him. He's a well deserved guy. He's a good guy. He's a high caliber athlete. He deserves it."

"Depending if Anderson Silva would take a rematch, I believe Weidman can take that win again."
    St. Pierre, who was proven right in saying that a Silva super-fight wouldn't happen, is currently scheduled for a welterweight title defense against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 this November
    *I was thinking before I found this article that the KO to Anderson benefited the most was GSP. Not because of any potential fights or non potential fights, but to remind GSP of what could happen on the eve of fighting someone with big power.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Won't matter he is still getting KTFO. His fight is just as dangerous lol.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Very respectful comments from the very respectful champion.

GSP wont be impersonating Nick Diaz and tryin to teach JH the stanky leg instead of fighting though. IF GSP gets clipped and dropped it won't because he was two-thirds of the way through the cat-daddy
    LJS-NEMS

GSP will do to Hendricks the same thing that he did to Koschek. Both big strong wrestlers with huge power but not very technical stand-up. GSP, Freddie Roach and Mike Winklejohn will break down Hendricks' stand-up, find the weak link and attack that spot over and over.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

But the real question is still.... Silva/GSP?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    But the real question is still.... Silva/GSP?!!
    How is that still the "real" question? Georges has never wanted the fight, and with Silva getting clown-KOd, dana has said both superfights are off.

Granted, dana is full of shit and goes back on his word at the drop of a dime, but beating Georges won't do anything to redeem Anderson in the eyes of casual fans--they'd actually see it more accurately, as a bigger fighter beating a smaller fighter. So the net result would be mediocre ppv sales that trash Georges' legacy and drawing power.

If dana is even one-third the business man his fanboys make him out to be, he'll tell Anderson to try out for Dancing with the Stars the next time the subject is brought up from Silva's camp.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Won't matter he is still getting KTFO. His fight is just as dangerous lol.
    GSP is great in many aspects of MMA, Anderson Silva is great at one. GSP isn't even a big WW, Hendricks and Alvez cut 30-40 lbs to make weight. Anderson had a huge size advantage for his entire UFC career.

Hendricks is a huge threat just like Weidman was. The difference is that GSP is a much better mixed martial artist than Silva ever was or ever will be.

If dana is even one-third the business man his fanboys make him out to be, he'll tell Anderson to try out for Dancing with the Stars the next time the subject is brought up from Silva's camp.
    We could all do him a favor and just piece together the dance moves hes already shown in the octagon and send them to the producers.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    How is that still the "real" question?

rh
    What is jokes?

Every1 but rh is fanboi!

Thread Information