Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who had the greatest win streak in MMA history?

For now Fedor, let's see if Jones can also have such a big streak.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

2. Default

Depending on were you set the standards at you can make a case for any one of them, but Fedor is my pick for so many years and did it respectfully. GSP may end up with the longest streak though

Rickson. He's only like, a bazillion and oh.

Aldo's current streak isn't worth a mention? If Jones was knocking off former champions and perennial contenders from the HW division, dana would be having PRgasms all over the interweb. But because Aldo is quietly doing business--not ducking fights, not even boasting huge length advantages over most of his opponents--nobody notices him. He's what, on a 15 or 16 win streak? More than half of them stoppages? One title defense less than Jones [and that's counting the MW's Jones "defended" against] and a better all-around skill set, in a much, much more competitive division. Nonsense.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Aldo's current streak isn't worth a mention? If Jones was knocking off former champions and perennial contenders from the HW division, dana would be having PRgasms all over the interweb. But because Aldo is quietly doing business--not ducking fights, not even boasting huge length advantages over most of his opponents--nobody notices him. He's what, on a 15 or 16 win streak? More than half of them stoppages? One title defense less than Jones [and that's counting the MW's Jones "defended" against] and a better all-around skill set, in a much, much more competitive division. Nonsense.

rh
    Very good point.

Aldo, to me, should be a lot higher on everyone's list of impressive winning streaks, p4p rankings, etc
    Aldo has dispatched 2 LW already (Florian, Edgar) and was in line to face another (Pettis). He's fighting guys from a higher division, who are coming down to challenge him, and he accepts with no whining and crying. HIs skillset is amazing to watch, beating all around fighters from both FW and LW division.

I think Fedor holds the greatest win streak ever for now. Jose Aldo and Jon Jones have put in quite a bit of work in their respective streaks as well though.

I wanted to give a mention to Renan Bar„o though.

30 wins, with a 66.7% finish rate. (14 Subs, 6 (T)KO's)
    Only career loss was his first pro fight.
    Unbeaten streak began in May 2005.
    One No Contest, and if that goes against him he still has a 20 fight win streak.

He may not have the same quality of opponents as Fedor, Jones, Aldo or GSP, but I can't fault him for that. They keep putting people in front of him, and he keeps winning. I cannot wait to see him face Dominick Cruz, provided he beats Eddie Wineland.

Fedor. If you disagree you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Why can't we look at someone like Cruz right now for this?

Sure he is only on a 9 fight winning streak but of those 9 fights, 6 of those were against Top 5 fighters in his weight class. Something no other figher has even come close to doing. Fedor never fought 6 Top 5 HWs in a row, Wandy never came close to fighter 6 Top 5 LHWs in a row, neither has GSP and has Silva even fought 6 Top 5 peope period?

I do not think he should be considered the best winning streak (only 9 wins) but as far as beating Top guys each time out no one else is close.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Why can't we look at someone like Cruz right now for this?
    Who?

Seriously though. Sucks that he will be out for another 6+ months recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    When he moves up and beats whoever has the belt at 155 and defends it 2 or 3 times, that argument will hold even more weight.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Thread Information