+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's next for Anderson

Default What's next for Anderson

Not sure we've dedicated a thread to it yet but what do you guys think is the next move for Anderson? More importantly what would you like to see him do?

Personally I'd like to see him move up to LHW and start a run there. No immediate shot at Jones because he hasn't earned that but there's plenty of interesting fights for him. Shogun, Hendo, Rashad, Gustafson, Vera, lots of guys he could co-main event a PPV with.

I don't like the idea of an immediate rematch because the fight wasn't close, didn't have a terrible judges decision and didn't involve a poor decision by the ref. Besides let's presume he does win against Weidman. We'd be right back where we were with talks of him having cleaned the division and him wanting big names or superfights. I don't want to go back to that MMA world.

The talk a Roy Jones Jr fight isn't really worth mentioning as I'm only concerned with the progression of MMA as a sport not some MMA/boxing exhibition.

Anyways what do you guys think?
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

personally id like him to go up to LHW have a fight or two and then fight Jones for title

Dana wants the rematch and AS wants Roy Jones so who knows

Anderson chooses his own fate. Noone else can or will choose it for him.

Anderson does not need to worry about with the progression of MMA as a sport.

He will choose what makes him happy. If that means retiring and spending the rest of his life with his family and students, so be it.

Heavy lies the crown, and I am sure that as the weeks and months progress, he will miss the scrutiny less and less.

4. Default

Everybody but his family most likely will be chirping in his ear to go back. They like his money specially Soares!
    If he does come back and beat Weidman there will be match # III to many $$$ for the UFC to pass up

For the time being, a Burger King shame spiral.

Fuckin Chris Weidman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

its bigmacs man he is a bigmac kind of guy

Rematch or retire.

How about Silva v. Hendo II @ 205?
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Rematch, win back the MW belt. Then immidiately relinquish it & head up to LHW. Fight and beat a top five guy, then get a shot at Jones.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information