Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bellator's Falcao get knocked by a plank of wood

1. Default

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...brutal-beating

Undefeated MMA fighter Kaue Mena (7-0) remains in a Brazilian hospital after an altercation that involved Bellator fighter Maiquel Falcao (31-6 MMA, 3-1 BFC) turned violent.

Falcao's wife, Danielle, wrote on Facebook that Mena's condition is improving after surgery, though "his condition remains very grave." She asked friends and loved ones for their prayers.

"Great news," she wrote in her native Portuguese. "Our brother Kaue has shown improvements. We are following his recovery. Glory be to God. We will continue praying in earnest."

Police are looking into the assault, the report said. The owner of the fuel station said eight MMA fighters assaulted his employees this past year.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Falcao expelled from team following weekend brawl
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...-weekend-brawl
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Bad deal for that Mena guy. Cat's article said he was scheduled to be on the next TUF Brazil. Now he is in critical condition and no longer apart of his team. Hopefully he gets better and at 22 years of age decides to make better choices.

White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "All you can do is just hope Kaue Mena's health continues to improve. But I have to be honest and tell you it really bugs me that it's being reported that Maiquel Falcao is a UFC fighter. We let him go back in 2011 for the same reason. We found out he had a charge on his record for hitting a woman, and we cut him because of that."
    "We don't want anything to do with men who punch women," White said. "When the UFC found out Maiquel had a charge against him that involved women, we immediately cut him from the roster. Bellator/Viacom MMA then picked him up a few months later, and he's been fighting for them ever since.

"The UFC does not and will not ever tolerate situations like this. Sexual assault, hitting a woman or anything like that, you're gone from the roster. It doesn't matter if you're a winner or a champion or anything like that. You're gone. Keep your hands off women."
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...saulting-woman

5. Default

Not sure why Mena was kicked off the team? Wasn't he just an innocent party?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/10...-mena-mma-news

The attitudes displayed by Maiquel Falcao and Kaue Mena were not consistent with what is preached and practiced by me to my students, not what is expected by our sponsors and business partners.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Not sure why Mena was kicked off the team? Wasn't he just an innocent party?
    Not according to they way Brigadeiro runs the team:

I, Marcelo Brigadeiro, in my role as leader of team Company Fight/RFT through this letter voice my official stance regarding the regrettable fight episode involving the athletes Maiquel Falcao and Kaue Mena.

Initially I’d like to make it clear that as far as my interpretation of the facts, I don’t believe any of the involved are innocent, all were wrong, in greater or lesser proportions. The actions of Maiquel Falcao which triggered all that occurred, despite it not being an aggression as many have characterized it, was disrespectful and not compatible with the behavior of an athlete. The reaction of the aggressors was in turn exaggerated, cowardly and criminal. Kaue Mena himself, who remains in a coma in the ICU at Hospital do Coracao (Coração) in Balneario Camboriu (Balneário Camboriú), also carries with him part of the guilt of what occurred; as a professional MMA athlete, he should not be on the streets at the hour of the event.

I also make it clear that the attitude of these two athletes does not reflect on the behavior of our entire team. We are known as one of the most successful teams in the world and also as a true family of athletes, good men of character, of exemplary behavior, as should be expected from true practitioners of martial arts. The attitudes of Maiquel Falcao and Kaue Mena do not meet what is taught by myself and practiced by my students, nor is it what’s expected by our sponsors and commercial partners.

I know that as professionals and practitioners of martial arts we should not and cannot be associated with night life, fights, altercations and the consumption of alcohol. We have the obligation to serve as an example to society and above all to children who see us as heroes.

Whoever knows me knows the immense love that I feel for my work and for my students, whom I treat as sons, including Maiquel Falcao and Kaue Mena. However, as master or ‘father’, as they call me, I must not and cannot close my eyes to the flaws of my ‘boys’. Due to the aforementioned, it is with a broken heart and great sadness that I officially announce that Maiquel Falcao and Kaue Mena no longer are a part of team Company Fight/RFT. ?

Lastly, I hope that this tragedy serves as a lesson to all of us. May we be aware how much a simple and unfortunate action can affect our lives in negative and permanent ways. May those who are starting in this profession understand that choosing to be an athlete is not the selection of a job, but that of a philosophy of life that requires self-sacrifice, discipline and obedience.
    this is all from Portal Vale Tudo, but cagepotato has a solid translation of it that would be too tedious to repilicate.
    http://www.cagepotato.com/sort-of-up...-hospitalized/

It looks at though Brigadeiro is very focused on keeping discipline a cornerstone of his gym, and should be blessed for that.

It's unfortunate that Mena is in the condition that he's in, but he made the decisions that led to it. It's disappointing to see some of the incredibly short-sighted perspectives on the situation stated in this thread.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

If you can seriously sit here and say that someone, anyone, deserves to be beaten so severely even after they're already unconscious than you're a bad person. If you want to man up and defend your woman, great, but what I saw there was a fucking mugging. There was no reason for it to go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Default Really dude?

This whats wrong with people today.
    No wonder aliens dont talk to our monkey asses. We all fucken crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    This whats wrong with people today.
    No wonder aliens dont talk to our monkey asses. We all fucken crazy!
    Greatest. Username. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

While I believe falcao dserved to lose a tooth or two for being a asshole , the beating that was dealt out was far too severe and partially if not entirely misdirected to Falcao's buddy.
    Lesson I glean from this is Don't start shit , won't be shit and if you roll with pigs you are bound to get dirty as well.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information