Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White wants Weidman vs. Silva rematch at UFC 168 NYE show

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Meh, that's pretty disappointing to me.

Before the fight I wasn't opposed to Silva getting an immediate rematch, but after that performance I would rather see him win a fight or two first. That fight left me feeling ripped off as a paying fan even though the rest of the card was good and his lack of respect for Weidman as an opponent devalued Weidmans performance in his biggest moment even though did everything he could have and should have done. I don't really want to pay for another ppv that Silva is headlining unless either its stacked around him or I see that he is fighting aggressively for a fight or two first.
    I am not sure about feeling ripped off, seeing Anderson act a fool and get KO'd was well worth the ppv.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Meh, that's pretty disappointing to me.

Before the fight I wasn't opposed to Silva getting an immediate rematch, but after that performance I would rather see him win a fight or two first. That fight left me feeling ripped off as a paying fan even though the rest of the card was good and his lack of respect for Weidman as an opponent devalued Weidmans performance in his biggest moment even though did everything he could have and should have done. I don't really want to pay for another ppv that Silva is headlining unless either its stacked around him or I see that he is fighting aggressively for a fight or two first.
    Well at least you enjoyed the card. I thought it sucked with the exception of the Edgar/Olivera fight. That Tim Kennedy fight was horrid for me.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Silva gets a shot at the title anytime he wants to come back, he'd more than earned it. When you defend your title as many times as he did, you've earned it. Doesn't matter if he goofed and lost, the numbers for the rematch would be HUGE. I don't understand why Silva haters don't want a rematch, Clearly Weidman is a superior fighter. So what the problem? He'll probably destroy Silva again right? Personally I have no problem with him retiring. Even if he wins 20 more fights by KO, what's the point? This is a dynamic exit in many ways fitting for his dynamic career. Lots of what ifs and arguments for years over this fight......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Silva gets a shot at the title anytime he wants to come back, he'd more than earned it. When you defend your title as many times as he did, you've earned it.
    That is exactly what I thought before watching this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Doesn't matter if he goofed and lost, the numbers for the rematch would be HUGE. I don't understand why Silva haters don't want a rematch, Clearly Weidman is a superior fighter.
    I'm a fan of Silva. I just dont think clowning around with your hands by your hips and getting knocked out warrants an immediate rematch.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

5. Default

The real question is which Anderson shows up for the rematch meaning, I bet he does not play games and act hurt in the rematch.

Anderson still has one of the best skillsets we have ever seen...so I cant wait for the rematch

I don't see how anyone has earned a title shot right after they lost a title fight unless the judges screwed them. He got knocked out, and he screwed himself. His fans can make all the excuses they want, but he got beat.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Thread Information