http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...-in-his-place/

UFC middleweight champ Chris Weidman has had a little time to reflect on his historic win over Anderson Silva at UFC 162, assessing both his performance and the general fallout from an impressive knockout of a previously untouchable title-holder. As such, the 29-year old has heard a lot of discussion regarding Silva’s questionable decision to showboat in the second round with some fans even going so far as to say “The Spider” wanted Weidman to win.

Weidman addressed the notion this week on The MMA Hour, breaking down Silva’s strange strategy ultimately resulting in a fight-ending sequence of strikes courtesy of the new champion.

“I’ll tell you one thing: he did not give me the belt, he did not throw the fight. It was nothing like that,” explained Weidman. “He was doing exactly what he does in all his fights. He had his hands down, he was trying to mentally defeat me, make me freeze, make me feel like I didn’t deserve to be in the ring with him. I didn’t want to let him do that. I wanted to put him in his place, and that’s it.”

“I felt in control. He was doing all that stuff, but in my mind, I’m just laughing,” he continued. “I’m like, ‘Bro, I’m winning the fight. I’m punching you right now and you’re standing there with your hands on your hips. You can do that all day if you want.’ It got to the point where I figured, I’m going to get in this guy’s face, and put my hands on him, and that’s what I did.”
While the belt might have changed hands, one thing remaining the same relates to Weidman’s opinion of Silva.

“I think he’s still unbelievable, I think he’s still the greatest of all time, and I think I’d still beat him again,” concluded the confident Weidman.
The victory improved Weidman’s overall record to 10-0. His first title-defense is expected to feature a rematch with Silva though nothing official has been announced outside of some speculative dates for the duel.