Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones on Anderson Silva: 'He got disrespectful, war gods made him pay'

I am religious, and I get that he doesn't really think that there are "war gods", but it is an odd thing to say, in my opinion. I don't thank the video game gods or the poker gods when something good happens in those things. I don't really care though because I know it is just an expression.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    No... I am just as religious and I enjoy shooting zombies in the head and watching Spartacus. Does that mean I'm going to hell? Will Ben Henderson also go to hell for tattooing his body? Will Fedor get sent to purgatory for participating in a violent sport? Isn't it wrong to pray to GOD to help you knock someone the fuq out?

Does fighting and religion even go together?
    thats a string of interesting theological questions, but i dont think it was anyone's intention to open that can of worms. i posted that i thought the same thing, and i didnt really think it a criticism of Jones personally. i did think it a bit strange of him to say, but my views may be skewed by the fact that im not religious, and the hard line religious types that populate my area, and family.

on the subject of silvas loss, he was overdue for one big time. statistically you just dont have win streaks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I don't even like Jones but I think he was simply trying to add some humor to his interview. I wouldn't reach much into it.
    says the guy who immediately read too much into my statement and thought I was saying he'd go to hell? His sense of humor has even more holes in it than his skillset.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Everyone on here talks about how Silva is disrespectful and how his clowning got him KTFO......Jon Jones talks about how Silva was disrespectful and it got him KTFO out and now people wanna analyse what he said and how he said it....

Haters gonna Hate

Really? I'm a hater?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

BJ Penn: "Maybe Anderson was bored of being champion"
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...eing-championq

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

7. 07-10-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    says the guy who immediately read too much into my statement and thought I was saying he'd go to hell? His sense of humor has even more holes in it than his skillset.

rh
    It's the prescriptions remember?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Yup im high. Goodnight
    And btw Jones is gonna wrestle the shit out of Gustafson.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Sooooooo anywaaaazy.....

I think it's gonna take a very smart fighter to beat Jones, because he's so damn cerebral when fights. He's more like GSP in many ways than he is Silva. I think he game plans a victory against Gus, but what the hell do I know. I should probably stop making predictions on MMA.......but I won't cause....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	etmichaeljackson.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	549
    Because I am just too much fucking awesome!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Every fighter has holes, but I don't think Jones has many as some of his doubters seem to think. One big glaring one IMO is that I don't think he has one punch KO power. And that right there alone is why I don't think he can move to HW anytime soon.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

12. 07-10-2013, 04:53 AM

Thread Information