Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson staredown pic - UFC 165 press conference pic & vid

I really do not think that Goos presents any serious danger to Jones.
    Maybe the only thing is that at least Goos will not be having a huge reach disadvantage, But other than that, Jones owns him. I think Jon dominates him for 2 rounds and then chokes him out in the third or fourth round.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Add Goose to the long list of title defenses. Then sign Glover up to lose too. I honestly dont see a legit test at 205 for Bones Jones...Barring anything crazy, he should have the division cleaned out by early next year.

I do not see either anyone being a very legit contender for Jones.
    If anyone, maybe Machida or maybe Mousasi. But nah, Jones is too much for both of them.

I see only Cain, Cormier and Cigano capable of beating him. Other than them 3, there is no one. Maaaaaybe Werdum too.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Add Goose to the long list of title defenses. Then sign Glover up to lose too. I honestly dont see a legit test at 205 for Bones Jones...Barring anything crazy, he should have the division cleaned out by early next year.
    New challengers always arise. Rematches are not as stale as the many ADHD-ridden, fickle fans think.

I agree that Bones owns Gusta and finishes him by submission.

I really miss the hellbows to the face. Give me hellbows, Jon Jones, give them to me!

Rip Gusta.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

So does anyone thing Goose takes this or even presents a significant challenge for Jones?

Why were so many people calling for this fight if no one thinks Goose has the skills yet?

Jones by r2 submission.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So does anyone thing Goose takes this or even presents a significant challenge for Jones?

Why were so many people calling for this fight if no one thinks Goose has the skills yet?

Jones by r2 submission.
    Because Jones has already trashed the rest of the divison (minus Glover).

I've always felt that Goose was overhyped and can't see how this makes it out of the 2nd round (and the 1st only if Jones starts slow).

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I think it was just the annoyance with the Sonnen and Vitor fights. Glad to see Jones fighting an actual LHW.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-champ-j...der-gustafsson
    UFC Champ Jon Jones Returns from Injury, Begins Training for Alexander Gustafsson

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been sidelined ever since his UFC 159 victory over Chael Sonnen.

That is, he had been sidelined until Tuesday.

The champ injured his toe in the first-round drubbing of Sonnen on April 27 in New Jersey.
    “Day 1 baby!!! Kickboxing with Wink went great, grappling with coach Jackson later,” Jones tweeted on Tuesday, marking his first day back in action.

Jones added that his toe was feeling “totally fine,” and that he is “really excited to be fighting an Orthodox fighter,” although he has yet to show much of a weakness in fighting southpaws.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information