+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tate: "I will shoot myself if I get arm-barred"

Default Tate: "I will shoot myself if I get arm-barred"

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...et-arm-barredq

ďI will seriously shoot myself in the face before I leave that cage if she armbars me again. It canít happen,Ē says Miesha Tate of her upcoming rematch with womenís UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.

The two fought under the Strikeforce banner and Tate became another opponent to lose to Rousey by way of first-round armbar. However, Tate did go out in gritty fashion by refusing to tap and having her arm broken instead.

This time around she has no intention of falling for the same trick twice and so she tells MMA FightCorner that she will be having ďan anti-judo campĒ in the run-up to the UFC 168 fight, which will be the UFCís last title fight of 2013.

ďItís never too early to train and practice that gameplan over and over and over, Iím going to beat it into my skull if I have to.Swear to God, sheís not going to armbar me if itís the last thing I doÖ Thatís what Iím going to do from now until December 28, itís going to be an anti-judo camp,Ē she says.

ďEveryone thinks itís an armbar, itís not. Itís like a move of itís own.Ē
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Ill believe she wont get arm barred, when i see her not actually get arm barred. Until such time, Im calling it Rousey by armbar, first round.

Aim for the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I would quit worrying about judo and worry about arm bar defense. Rouser will take her down. It is up to Tate to stop what happens from there.

So much pressure on Rousey to get that arm bar in her fights now. Hopefully she avoids the tunnel vision in this fight. But how wild is it when she managed to lock that arm bar in time and time again.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Maybe it would be murder suicide for Caraway & Tate if tate goes, whats his purpose in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I dont get it......

She's going to be so concentrated on not getting arm-barred, that she's gonna get her ass knocked out. Either that or she'll pull a...well I forget the name of the guy who ran around the ring....but she'll pull a him and start running when she things a take down will happen. That complete concentration of terror of getting into another armbar is going to cost her the fight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information