+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt: Why would anyone want to be a UFC fighter if this is how much we get paid?

1. Default Mark Hunt: Why would anyone want to be a UFC fighter if this is how much we get paid?

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...h-we-get-paid/

Add heavyweight Mark Hunt to the growing group of UFC fighters, past and present, concerned with competitor pay in comparison to the amount of money the organization is bringing in daily. Hunt took to Facebook this week where he expressed his frustration.

“This is really crap, man. I need a pay (raise). How can some of these other goons get more than me? Been cheated again,” vented Hunt. “Why would anyone want to be a UFC fighter if this is how much we get paid?”
    Hunt’s specific salary wasn’t mentioned though he did allude to a report from MMA Manifesto as being fairly accurate. On the list he was shown to have made around $537,000 over six Octagon appearances including three performance-based bonuses accounting for $175,000 of the figure.

The 39-year old Hunt is currently in the process of recovering from a few health-related matters. He was last seen losing via knockout to Junior dos Santos at UFC 160.

Middleweight Tim Kennedy recently came forward with statements similar to Hunt’s, saying a career as a trash man would be a more lucrative endeavor than being in his current position. Kennedy quickly backed off the comments and implied corporate pressure had inspired him to come to his senses.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

So if I'm reading this right Hunt made approx 537000$ right? In 6 fights...I am not sure I feel too sorry for him. I have to work a long time to make that kind of money and I have bills as well.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Poor him...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

not to mention the UFC health insurance is paying for his staph infection surgery / recovery as well...tough life

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

So in 2.5 years Mark Hunt has made 537K, which is 214,800 a year. How many of us on this forum make that a year?
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Let's get this straight, any of these fighters who complain about their base pay from the UFC or any organization involved in sports for that matter need to realize that they negotiated these terms. If they did not like said terms then they should not have signed the contract. Even further if you perform and perform well then you will get a raise in the form of a new contract which would include better pay.
    I enjoy watching Hunt fight but this is complete bullshit for him out of all people to complain about making half a million in the span of two years. If you do not like your line of work do something so you can safely exit to something better.
    4 LIFE

$160,000 for his fight with JDS.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/11...-ariel-helwani

I love Mark Hunt, and I want to see fighters get paid well. His talk with Dana got him more money, but I don't see how saying this one fight after their talk is going to help his cause.
    Last edited by CA_Gas Bag; 07-11-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Phrasing words is hard

Do they need to re-shoot that "I'm a fighter" video? Seriously was he bitching when fighting for Dream or K1?

Maybe he was being sarcastic. We can hope atleast.

Just to keep it real, keep in mind that all that money he makes does not account for any health concerns he has to cover as a result of his job; paying his trainer; paying for his cornermen - shit like that. I don't know how much that accounts for, but it's not $0.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information