Thread: Two more changes to UFC on FOX 8 fight card

Hybrid View

Default Two more changes to UFC on FOX 8 fight card

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/11...x-8-fight-card

The hits keep coming to UFC on FOX 8.

Four bouts have now been changed since yesterday to the July 27 card at Seattle's Key Arena.

In the wake of yesterday's announcement that Brendan Schaub vs. Matt Mitrione was off, and today's news that Robbie Lawler has a new opponent in Bobby Voelker, came two more bits of fight news, both of which were Tweeted by UFC tonight:

1. Spencer Fisher is out of his battle of longtime lightweights against veteran Vves Edwards. Fisher will be replaced by Daron Cruickshank. Cruickshank (12-3), known as "The Detroit Superstar," is coming off a loss to John Makdessi at UFC 158. He had a six-fight win streak heading into the bout. Edwards (42-19-1) has dropped two of his past three, with his last fight a split-decision loss to Isaac Vallie-Flagg at UFC 156.

2. Bobby Green is out of his fight with Danny Castillo. Green, who earned submission of the night honors for his finish of Jacob Volkmann at UFC 156, will be replaced by Tim Means. Means (16-4-1) is 2-1 in the UFC, most recently losing a decision to Jorge Masvidal at UFC on FOX 7. Castillo (15-5), a Team Alpha Male fighter, has won four of his past five.
    I was really looking forward to Fisher vs Edwards but Cruickshank is about as good of a replacement as it could get. That guy has got a ton of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Talk about an amazing card getting diminished.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I actually like the Cruishchank replacement. Him and Edwards will be fireworks.

They haven't cut Edwards yet?? meh, something about thug jiu jitsu that annoys the fuk out of me.

Thread Information