Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier to Roy Nelson: Re-sign with UFC, so we can settle our differences

Default Daniel Cormier to Roy Nelson: Re-sign with UFC, so we can settle our differences

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/11...can-settle-our

Daniel Cormier wants Roy Nelson to stick around the UFC just a little longer.

Cormier told MMAFighting.com on Thursday that he wants to fight Nelson at UFC 166 on Oct. 19 in Houston in what will be his last fight at heavyweight.

"Roy and I still have some unfinished business," Cormier said. "I hope he re-signs with the UFC, so we can settle what he started two months ago.

"I want to find a way to give him a pass for his performance against Stipe [Miocic at UFC 115] since he took that fight on such short notice. In my eyes, that loss didn't do much to diminish his place in the UFC heavyweight division."

Nelson did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.

Cormier took exception to the fact that Nelson claimed he turned down a fight against him at UFC 161, when Cormier says he was never medically cleared to fight Nelson on short notice in Winnipeg on June 15.

After Nelson insinuated Cormier turned the fight down, Cormier told FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" that he wanted to, "Kick his ass for Dana White," who Nelson has publicly feuded with in the past. At the UFC 115 media day, Nelson replied, "Having a lot of black friends, they would say that would be more of an Uncle Tom move."

Nelson went on to lose to Miocic via unanimous decision, and thus entered free agency. According to sources close to the situation, the UFC is still working on re-signing "Big Country" and are interested in matching up the heavyweights.

Nelson (19-8) had won three fights in a row prior to his loss to Miocic last month, while Cormier (12-0) won his UFC debut against Frank Mir in April. He plans on making a run at the light heavyweight title following his last fight at heavyweight.

UFC 166, headlined by Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos 3, will be held at the Toyota Center.
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now. I rather see would Cormier vs Werdum.
    Last edited by Fe1; 07-12-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I thought the UFC said Cormier/Werdum is scheduled already. Or was that a really awesome dream?

Company man. Doing the company a favor trying to resign him with trash talk.

I thought the UFC said Cormier/Werdum is scheduled already. Or was that a really awesome dream?
    I think it was discussed but nothing was ever signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I think it was discussed but nothing was ever signed.
    It was discussed but Roy Nelson is trying to re-sign for considerably more than the TUF money he was making.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It was discussed but Roy Nelson is trying to re-sign for considerably more than the TUF money he was making.
    Don't you think he deserves it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Don't you think he deserves it?
    I don't believe I argued otherwise. Of course he deserves more than the pittance he has been making.

I really hope DC doesn't lower himself to fighting Nelson. Honestly I have no interest in seeing the human punching bag back in the UFC ever.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I hope Roy gets a zero raise and is told to move on. He's a 37 year old gate keeper that has lost every single meaningful match when pitted against even a borderline top 10 opponent, runs his mouth and purposely does things to piss off his employers and now is going to try to negotiate with them for more money. He's never going to fight for a title and annoys me incredibly. So, for me, i got no prob with Zuffa tellin him to pack his mullet and insightful jokes and hit the pavement.
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information