+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier to Roy Nelson: Re-sign with UFC, so we can settle our differences

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    I hope Roy gets a zero raise and is told to move on. He's a 37 year old gate keeper that has lost every single meaningful match when pitted against even a borderline top 10 opponent, runs his mouth and purposely does things to piss off his employers and now is going to try to negotiate with them for more money. He's never going to fight for a title and annoys me incredibly. So, for me, i got no prob with Zuffa tellin him to pack his mullet and insightful jokes and hit the pavement.

Whoa, i read this line and thought he was talking about Mike Bisping!!!

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Win or lose Roy is always fun to watch . While it is a step down in competition for Cormier it doesn't really matter as he doesn't need a highly ranked scalp at HW if it will be his last fight there. If he wins it is another decent feather in his cap , a good payday , settles some beef, and adds to his hype/momentum going to LHW. If he loses he is still going to reinvent himself as an immediate contender one weight below . It's a win/not lose much deal for him.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Roy does deserve a raise... what other fighter can say they have the record for most significant punches taken?

Apparently lots of hate for fat people! jk... I think its hard to deny that Roy comes to fight and does well, even if he doesn't beat the upper echelon. I'll watch his fights whereever he ends up. I think Cormier sees Nelson as a definite W for him and that's why he's calling him out. Otherwise, I the Cormier should be going after someone higher up on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Apparently lots of hate for fat people! jk... I think its hard to deny that Roy comes to fight and does well, even if he doesn't beat the upper echelon. I'll watch his fights whereever he ends up. I think Cormier sees Nelson as a definite W for him and that's why he's calling him out. Otherwise, I the Cormier should be going after someone higher up on the list.
    Or it might have something to do with the fact Roy called him an Uncle Tom.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

JESUS.

The contrast between this and the Chuck Liddell thread on fighter pay are so freaking hilarious to me.

In one thread guys say, "Be exciting, come to fight and you'll get paid." Then, you enter a ROY NELSON thread, a guy who comes to fight and goes out in a blaze win or lose, and people are saying don't pay him a dime and cut him because he's ONLY the 8-10th best heavyweight in the world.

Really guys?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    JESUS.

The contrast between this and the Chuck Liddell thread on fighter pay are so freaking hilarious to me.

In one thread guys say, "Be exciting, come to fight and you'll get paid." Then, you enter a ROY NELSON thread, a guy who comes to fight and goes out in a blaze win or lose, and people are saying don't pay him a dime and cut him because he's ONLY the 8-10th best heavyweight in the world.

Really guys?
    Not really, try addressing a particular person because that is most certainly not the consensus.

JESUS.

Really guys?
    How is Nelson going out in a blaze of glory when he loses? The guy just stands there and gets hit over and over again. How is that exciting?

There only two types of Nelson matches. He either KOs some middle of the road, C level fighter. Or he is just a glorified punching bag for 3 rounds.

And my dislike for Nelson has never been a secret. I have never liked the guy as a fighter or as a person. He is an idiot who I would be glad to never see fight again.

How can anyone be a fan of the guy after his latest racist comments and the fact in his last fight he showed he didn't care. How does a guy show up so out of shape and in such poor condition for a Co-Main Event in the UFC. The only way you do that is if you don't care. So good riddance, I hope he goes to Bellator and gets wrecked by a hungry up and coming HW and disappears into obscurity after that,
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

JESUS.

Really guys?
    So I certainly didn't say he doesn't deserve more money, and I don't think many did.

But that said, I challenge the notion that Roy is an exciting fighter. He goes for crazy KOs that make for good highlight reels, but the overall fights lack the diversity and pace that makes MMA exciting. Roy has many skills but he doesn't use them; and watching his fights tends to be about waiting for the gratification of a nasty KO.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information