Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Georges St. Pierre invites Johny Hendricks to do VADA drug testing for the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Transworld View Post
    I am Canadian and GSP is the man; but I just got a feeling Hendricks is going to KO him. Hendricks has good wrestling, but his ability to close distance and land that left hand is pretty crazy. George has to avoid that punch for 5 long rounds.
    Hendricks knock outs are limited to mostly the first round. GSP just has to worry about it early in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    GSP lays a curse on the opponents he defeats. They lose drive, skill and matches afterwards. I mean, he even retired his last opponent!
    Yeah, it reminds me of when fedor fought tim sylvia and arlovki, they were ranked in the top 5-10 and then their careers instantly imploded after he crushed them.

There is absolutely no way Johnny Hendricks will beat GSP.
    When the sounds of violence are heard, what side will you be on...

Can't wait for GSP to GNP Hendricks through the canvas.

5. Default

Johny Hendricks: “I’ll gladly take a test for anything.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...-for-anything/

When it comes to UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre and the notion of increased drug testing, the situation usually involves critics calling for “Rush” to undergo additional scrutiny. However, in the case of his upcoming title-defense against Johny Hendricks, St-Pierre was the one who requested VADA standards in hopes of helping lead the charge towards cleaning up MMA.

Hendricks caught wind of St-Pierre’s suggestion and, as he told SportsNet, is absolutely open to it.

“Heck ya,” Hendricks exclaimed when asked if he’d agree to the process. “The worst thing that they’re going to find is a little bit of protein in my diet. If eating wild hogs and organic deer meat and a little bit of glutamine is bad for the ol’ system then I might fail.”

“It doesn’t matter. Today, tomorrow, three months from now, I’ll gladly take a test for anything,” he confidently concluded.
    Neither Hendricks nor St-Pierre have ever failed a past drug test, though a handful of fighters and fans have questioned GSP’s physique/physical abilities. The two talented 170ers are set to scrap on November 16 at UFC 167.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Not super related, but the most recently Hendricks-related thread. He's him being oddly strong:

7. 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Hendricks knock outs are limited to mostly the first round. GSP just has to worry about it early in the fight.
    I don't know about that yes it is true however since his winning streak started he is 3-3 in terms of knockout to decision ratio and the three decisions were to guys with a combined 2 knockout loses in their careers. He was landing some bombs on condit later in the fight that coul'dve definetly produced a knockout.

I am by no means saying GSP has a bad chin or anything like that I am just saying that he shouldn't disregard hendricks power punches after the first round.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Not super related, but the most recently Hendricks-related thread. He's him being oddly strong:

It's more about technique then how strong he is.

Johny is gonna get tired pretty fast IMO and will be looking for the hail mary KO for the rest of the fight. GSP wins UD winning all 5rds.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 07-22-2013 at 07:42 PM.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...canadian-soilq
    Hendricks: "I'm more successful than GSP on Canadian soil"
    “I'm happy it's gonna be in Vegas but it didn't matter where I fought him. I just want to fight him.... I just want to punch him, punch him in the freakin' face and see how it goes from there.... Hopefully I can make GSP exciting. That's my gameplan,” he tells MMA Xposed.

"I've had just as much success in Canada as he has. Actually more because I've finished people in Canada.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information