Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Koscheck injured, out of UFC 163 fight with Demian Maia in Rio

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    BOOOO!

Yes, it would be awesome if Nick got the fight. I think Maia would beat him down in Brazil.
    I bet Maia would get his ass boxed up.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Yeah, I think Diaz rips Maia if they fight. His boxing is too dynamic and his BJJ is good enough to stay out of harm's way.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I only say that if the fight is in Brazil. Brazilians usually go above what is expected of them when fighting down there.

I think Maia would win on points by using his size, getting the takedowns, controlling positions, and overpowering him.

Wish we could see it!
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

beside nick diaz, I just can't think of any top 10 fighters that would help maia move up the rank with the win.
    btw, what's happening with tarec saffeidine (spelling?)? maybe he could take the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I bet Maia would get his ass boxed up.
    I think maia would destroy iaz the same way diego destroyed him years back. Diaz's tdd still leaves much to be desired, I'b be very surprised if he could keep it on the feet.. and on the ground maia would own him. He might not get the finish (i think he would), but diaz would get controlled worse than when he fought gsp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Mike Pierce is a fucking hoss, I think he's a good replacement and has faced top caliber competition.
    Couldn't agree more. I think Pierce is easily top 10 calibur, just hasn't the wins yet.

Maia is a very rough match up for him, but I"m curious to see if Pierce can make it a game against the cage and tire Maia out.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I think maia would destroy iaz the same way diego destroyed him years back. Diaz's tdd still leaves much to be desired, I'b be very surprised if he could keep it on the feet.. and on the ground maia would own him. He might not get the finish (i think he would), but diaz would get controlled worse than when he fought gsp.
    I still question Maia's cardio against someone who can really put up a good fight, though.

Fitch just got his back taken in their fight and so when Maia wasn't able to sub him he was able to hang out and just control Fitch as long as he kept his underhooks or a body triangle. Diaz will be harder to keep in a dominant position and will make him work hard to keep him down when he's in his guard...but that's if Diaz really puts in a good camp and takes things seriously and with Cesar Gracie as a head coach it's hard to really expect that.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Maia's eyes breathed a sigh of relief.

Diaz wouldn't take the fight. If a fight in Canada would mess up his sleep just imagine how the time change in Brazil would affect him. Besides, I see Maia beating him pretty handily. I like the idea of Pierce though. He's been really deserving a step up in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

10. Default

well Nick I here there's pretty good weed down there maybe that would entice him.

Thread Information