Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josh Koscheck injured, out of UFC 163 fight with Demian Maia in Rio

Doubt Diaz could make weight. Dem munchies must have ravaged his retired vessel by now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I still question Maia's cardio against someone who can really put up a good fight, though.

Fitch just got his back taken in their fight and so when Maia wasn't able to sub him he was able to hang out and just control Fitch as long as he kept his underhooks or a body triangle. Diaz will be harder to keep in a dominant position and will make him work hard to keep him down when he's in his guard...but that's if Diaz really puts in a good camp and takes things seriously and with Cesar Gracie as a head coach it's hard to really expect that.
    It's hard to control the pace and tire someone out when you are on the bottom in a less dominant position, just look at diaz's fight with gsp. I think the same thing would happen in a fight with maia, except it will be a 3 rounder which makes it even easier for maia.

Yeah, I used to be such a big Diaz fan but his last two fights have left me with a bad taste.

Waiting and taunting for a 'stand n scrap' instead of making somthing happen was just blah..

Maia v Kos was more interesting to me.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...-to-fight-maia
    Diaz not stepping in to fight Maia

Rumors that Nick Diaz will be stepping in for Josh Koscheck to face Demian Maia at UFC 163 are, sadly, just that.

The weekend saw increasing speculation that recent welterweight title challenger Diaz would make his return to the UFC by stepping in for an injured Koscheck, who pulled out of the Maia fight last week.

But the UFC has confirmed to Fighters Only that the UFC 163 card will be going ahead without Maia on it and that no replacement is being sought.

Maia will be reallocated to another card.

As for Diaz, his friend and sometime videographer ‘Layzie the Savage’ reports that “Nick has no interest in fighting Maia.”

5. Default

Nicks knows it wouldn't be any where near the kind of fight he likes to be in

With Maia temporarily out of the picture, it seems to me the only contender left will be the winner of Ellenberger vs MacDonald. Normally I would put both those guys still one more win away, but Hendricks took out half the WW division on his way up.
    I suppose the Kampmann vs Condit winner could make a case.

I really hated the way the media started pushing the GSP vs MacDonald situation long before it was an issue, as if they were just trying to create drama. If MacDonald wins against Ellenberger, it will become a legitimate question.

Thread Information