Thread: GSP brings in John Wayne Parr for stand-up training

Default GSP brings in John Wayne Parr for stand-up training

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...nd-up-training

Standout kickboxer John Wayne Parr is on his way to Canada to train with Georges St. Pierre.

The Australian is an iconic figure in the Muay Thai world, having held numerous titles and beaten a Who’s Who of top names.

Among his career wins are two men who have also previously coached St-Pierre in Muay Thai: the French legend Jean-Charles Skarbowsky and the Thai champion Lamsongkram.

“Received another email off Firas, looks like I am going to Tristar in Canada early August for two weeks for the sole purpose of training George St Pierre with his striking. The best part is the boys will be flying me to Vegas to be part of the corner in November when GSP takes on Johny Hendricks,” Parr wrote on Facebook.

“This is without doubt the biggest opportunity of my life. Thank you Firas & GSP!”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

There might be a finish guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    There might be a finish guys!!!!
    The only finish in this fight that might happen is Hendricks knocking GSP's block off, other than that, GSP by decision.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

That's awesome. The Gunslinger is one of my favorite fighters ever...good move, imo.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The only finish in this fight that might happen is Hendricks knocking GSP's block off, other than that, GSP by decision.
    Stop stealing the words from my mouth.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

JWP had some of the sickest elbows around. Good move.

JWP is pure class, a legend and a true gentleman, looking forward to his TUF Australia tryout

Thread Information