Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T.J. Grant injured, Anthony Pettis now meets champ Benson Henderson at UFC 164

Wonder if it's going to be one of those undisclosed injuries where we never find out what was wrong with him.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This was said to happen over a month ago. It came out that TJ would take one for the team and Pettis would move in for a bigger PPV draw after he was hurt training for Aldo. Real or not,not a big shock this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I heard that Grant sustained the injury from Dana White hitting him with larger and larger wads of bills until he got a concussion.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

BOOOOOOO. This will be a good fight too, but I was really excited to see Grant get the shot.

This new injury bug streak is really bumming me out. So many fun matchups are being called off. Grant is exciting, threat, and a great career-turnaround story. I hope he comes back quickly.

I think the fight being short notice is better for Pettis than Benson. Benson gameplans and drills for specific opponents whereas I think Pettis is less focused on that in training. With only four weeks (at most) of training time left, I wonder how well Benson will handle this both in terms of drills and feeling mentally prepared.

Bummer that TJ is getting his shot, but at least they have a good replacement. Tough fight for Benson being in Pettis' home town and all. Who cares about conspiracy as long as we see a good fight. I watched the first one live and literally jumped out off my couch when he threw that kick.

Hope Grant comes back strong. If he isn't out long then maybe him and the Punk can duke it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I bet NO ONE here saw that coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    This was said to happen over a month ago. It came out that TJ would take one for the team and Pettis would move in for a bigger PPV draw after he was hurt training for Aldo. Real or not,not a big shock this happened.
    "Sometimes these things happen in MMA."

~Gus Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Nobody wants to see rematches.
    I think a rematch after 3 years and so much hype over the showtime kick makes this a fight everybody wants to see.

Bendo takes this one though.

The embarresment he must have felt being "the other dude" from the showtime kick HL must be motivation enough.

Damn, Grant is out! Fuuck! Oh well, at least we get the super-brawl #2 with Pettis/Bendo..Hopefully Grant can get the winner.....Pettis.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Thread Information