Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping vs. Mark Munoz targeted for UFC return to Manchester on Oct. 26

Default Michael Bisping vs. Mark Munoz targeted for UFC return to Manchester on Oct. 26

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that Michael Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) and Mark Munoz (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at an as-yet-unnamed UFC event tentatively scheduled for Oct. 26 in Manchester, England.

The bout is expected to serve as a five-round main event for the card, which is expected to take place at Manchester Arena (formerly known as Manchester Evening News Arena).
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ster-on-oct-26

Seems like Bisping's fight to lose IMO. He should have the TDD and counter-wrestling to stop Munoz from getting into GNP position. On their feet, Bisping has a clear advantage and I don't see Munoz as having the kind of power standing that Hendo or Vitor do.

Should be a good fight. Two guys coming off victories. Bisping would likely have the edge in cardio. I agree with anchorpunch about munoz probably not having the power to ko him on the feet. Those gnp punches mark has are nasty though, but I don't think he will be able to hold bisping in those positions to do land them. I say the count by UD.

another peck and run victory.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Whoever wins this is right behind Vitor in line for a title shot once Weidman-Silva is settled. I too see Bisping winning a decision.

Munoz looks notivated as of late and Bisping looked fast and accurate in his last outing.

My moneys on Bisping with a UD.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    another peck and run victory.

rh

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Wow first time I've seen that up close that looks intentional

No way Bisping wins this, Munoz is a beast and is on a mission. Bisping can't run away from Munoz for 5 rounds, no fucking way. Unless Munoz comes in unmotivated, and/or injured, or whatever.. It takes a huge mental breakdown from Munoz for him to lose this fight..5 rounds, Bisping is getting TKO'd early I can see.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Wow first time I've seen that up close that looks intentional
    There was never a doubt in my mind that it was.

If Munoz comes in motivated and in shape like he did against Boetsch I expect Bisping will have a bad night.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Bisping takes this by bike-riding decision with his superior cardio and violence avoidance, unless he gets lost in the fight and I'll explain a tad bit further here.

I've noticed, in many of his fights(Hendo/Wand/Rivera/Stann/Kang/Rivera/Belfort), Bisping puts himself in danger by compromising his mobility and footwork, deviating from his gameplan. When Bisping gets forced backwards, plants his feet, gets caught against the cage(he has good clinch though) or gets suckered into a big exchange, he can throw a pick and show his opponent too much striking-wise and it has cost him. Bisping's key is fighting smart and neat/tight without much room for error and he's known to slip and get cracked.

Bisping has great TDD, so I'm cautious as to whether Munoz will be able to score the GNP. If he can't, Munoz can take this in the first or second, but I think he's going to have to walk Bisping down and look to go yard and headhunt if the takedowns aren't available.

Thread Information