Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman II set for Dec. 28th in Las Vegas

I have Silva knocking out Weidman before the 3rd round.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Is this the quickest turn around for a fight that Silva has done?
    Normally he's off for 9 months before another fight.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

It is kind of weird that the title is gonna be defended in a timely manner. I wonder what is causing that to happen?
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    There was an MMAFighting video where media members were suggesting Rousey/Tate was too big to be a comain. I don't think that's true, it's a rematch who's first fight wasn't very competitive and which wasn't earned IMO.
    You could almost say the same thing about the main event.

I thought Anderson and his camp were of the opinion rematches were pointless.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

It is kind of weird that the title is gonna be defended in a timely manner. I wonder what is causing that to happen?
    Sure is mysterious.

I'm glad that this fight is happening and so quickly. Either Silva wins and we'll get a trilogy for the belt which hasn't really happened at middleweight, or Weidman pulls an Edgar and solidifies his claim.

I expect Silva to be the aggressor this time around which he hasn't really done too much of his UFC career. Even his destructions of Frankin and Leben involved keying off of his opponents striking attempts. I do wonder if Weidman will play that game.
    Last edited by Goremire; 07-14-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Quoted the wrong post somehow

All I gotta say is...what will Anderson's fans say when he's not showboating and gets ktfo?!

It's shocking to hear so many people giving CW no chance in the rematch. A large number of fighters believed he would win the first fight and not only did he win but he finished Silva. I'm not saying it was this thread specifically, just many threads since the fight was over and rematch speculation began.

I'm betting all those fighters still believe in CW. Silva getting ktfo while employing a strategy he's used often has many fans believing he'll just be less cocky and throttle CW. Haven't read any posts thinking Silva will grind out a hard fought victory. There seems to be delusion on a grand scale. CW proved himself in that fight. I'd say it's a pick'em.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

I think a focus and serious Silva is a serious problem for any fighter. Wiedman should not engage in much stand up in the rematch and try to make it a grappling match on the ground. Even the clinch plays to anderson's strengths. The worse mistake wiedman can make is thinking he can strike with this version of Silva. I think it would be a big mistake. Now if Silvas self confidence and chin have gone south then maybe he can catch him again. But if Silva is the same guy who destroyed Franklin come december then weidman will most likely lose a stand up war. He need to jon fitch this shit and hold on to his title. I think if Silva wins a third fight will look a lot like the second.

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    It's shocking to hear so many people giving CW no chance in the rematch. A large number of fighters believed he would win the first fight and not only did he win but he finished Silva. I'm not saying it was this thread specifically, just many threads since the fight was over and rematch speculation began.

I'm betting all those fighters still believe in CW. Silva getting ktfo while employing a strategy he's used often has many fans believing he'll just be less cocky and throttle CW. Haven't read any posts thinking Silva will grind out a hard fought victory. There seems to be delusion on a grand scale. CW proved himself in that fight. I'd say it's a pick'em.
    Yea he proved he can knock out a guy not fighting seriously let alone guarding his chin. The loss for me was more about Silva's choice of strategy than it was about Chris' win.

Silva is not known for evoking that kind of strategy against wrestlers let alone dangerous strikers. He didn't do that against Dan Hendreson, Chael in either fight, Okami, Vitor, or Carlos Newton.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information