Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman II set for Dec. 28th in Las Vegas

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    It's not cw's fault, but that doesn't make it any less true. Just like Velasquez vs dos santos 1, we didn't see te real fight sorta speak. We saw silva get caught, and he got caught while acting the fool. This fight is not going to be the same fight...
    Pretty sure it felt real to Anderson and Cains chins.
    My Favorite Fighters

    1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    That's because most people thought Shogun won the first fight (Machida had been more or less untouchable up until that point), and he certainly won the second fight. There was no need for a rubbermatch between those two at the time.
    Bingo. The rematch won't be competitive. Plus in a recent interview Silva no longer wants to fight GSP instead he wants to fight Jon Jones.

    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    It's not cw's fault, but that doesn't make it any less true. Just like Velasquez vs dos santos 1, we didn't see te real fight sorta speak. We saw silva get caught, and he got caught while acting the fool. This fight is not going to be the same fight...
    The concept that "we didn't see a real fight" is ludicrous. Variance is what makes MMA so amazing...the idea that on any given day, anything can happen. So many more variables impact an MMA bout than any other combat sport.

    That's part of the reason I absolutely despise soares and cannot respect Anderson for ducking rematches. As fighters, Anderson should know more than anyone that beating a fighter once makes you the better fighter on that night. It doesn't make you the better fighter. Anderson--who was an overwhelming favorite to beat Dan or Nate in rematches--could have done what was actually needed to "prove" he was the better fighter instead of relying on the hype that dana and his fanboys perpetuate.

    But make no mistake, it was a real fight. There was a real winner, and a real loser. Anderson didn't hand the belt over, it was taken from him. The outcome of the rematch will do nothing to change that.

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    so when AS finishes Weidman within the first 2 rounds will we see the trilogy right away....?
    I doubt it. I don't think soares or Anderson would stand for it. I'd be thrilled for Anderson if he actively wanted it, but he'll probably punk out and continue to chase vanity fights--particularly if GSP beats Hendricks--you'll see the pressure from Anderson's camp to have Georges fight him increase 100x. Which would be bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    That's because most people thought Shogun won the first fight (Machida had been more or less untouchable up until that point), and he certainly won the second fight. There was no need for a rubbermatch between those two at the time.
    dana thought Shogun won it. That's what mattered.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

    dana thought Shogun won it. That's what mattered.

    rh
    At least he was right for once, I guess...

    I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post


    I don't understand. Are you saying anytime someone gets knocked out, we didn't get to see a real fight? Cain/JDS 1 was "the real fight" on that night. I'm pretty sure JDS went into that fight with the intention of knocking his opponent out, and Cain knew that's what JDS would try to do. And it still ended the way it did that night.



    That's because most people thought Shogun won the first fight (Machida had been more or less untouchable up until that point), and he certainly won the second fight. There was no need for a rubbermatch between those two at the time.
    Well, i get your point... But we certainly didn't see the fight to full potential. We didn't get to see both fighters turn it on and so their best. You can say that dos santos vs Velasquez 1 was a good knock out... But it was barely a fight. Silva got caught before he could shine... Which was totally his fault... But I think he fights smarter next time around, and makes it a better fight. One that better show cases each fighters skill level, and that to me is the "real" fight. I don't mind weidman winning btw... I just want silva to fight a little smarter and really turn it on.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Paper champs don't get immediate rematches. Apparently that is something that has to be earned by crazy ass win streaks while champion.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Miami by way of NY
    Posts
    7,275

    Default

    im not going to address the moronic statement made in your first sentence but the second, whether it be appropriate or not, was proved not to be true with the edgar/henderson and even technically edgar/maynard albeit that was a draw.

  8. Default

    I bet Anderson keeps his hands up this time

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I am supposed to be somewhere???
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I bet Anderson keeps his hands up this time
    i doubt it brother..He's a real arrogant dude! T Be my witness ill take the sig bet that weidman retains. Shit ill cash bet he retains.
    the fact of the matter is this: the game is getting faster and stronger and AS is losing a battle with father time. Arguably one of the greatest streaks ever, but last saturday he passed the torch.

    H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!


  10. Default

    I doubt it to TBEAR as AS uses the hands down to bate them into over commenting, but I do agree it won't be as bad with Chris.lol.
    Just hope Chris sticks to his game plan and does it again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •