Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson Being Considered for UFC 166: Velasquez vs. dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Guess i'd be the only one laughing my ass off if Roy won?
    No, I'd love to see it happen too. If it did happen, it would probably expedite Cormier dropping to 205. It's no secret that Nelson is on Dana White's shit list. Match making like this make me think he's intentionally setting Nelson up for a losing streak to get rid of him. I think he did the same with Fitch and Koscheck.

Koscheck? No.

Dana has had no problems with Koscheck. The reason Koscheck received his past two fights was because of ranking and name value.

It is Koscheck's own doing that he lost to a fighter in Lawler that was 3-5 in his last 8.

Kos had stepped up a few times taking short notice fights to save injury riddled cards. Dana definitely does not hate kos.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Kos had stepped up a few times taking short notice fights to save injury riddled cards. Dana definitely does not hate kos.
    I don't like Kos but he's no pussy, gald he lost but don't see him being cut anytime soon.

First of all the fight makes no sense. And secondly to put this in the undercard??? LOL it is so funny how they put many fights that no one cares about in the main cards, however this fight they would put it in the undercard??

Being said that, Cormier would absolutely wreck Nelson.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by FE_EatsChildren View Post
    thought DC was gonna drop in weight? unless i missed something?
    Lots of talk about no real action though

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Lol what????

Roy was definitely ranked in the top 10 prior to the loss to Stipe. Roy didn't talk his way into a fight, Cormier did. Daniel has been relentless trying to get this fight, not Roy. Daniel has talked non stop about fighting Roy.
    I'll give you that Roy was just barely in the top 10. He's never beat anyone ranked higher than 8 or 9 and lost all of his important fights. But you can't seriously be saying that Roy didn't pick this fight. Cormier wasn't going to fight Roy and had nothing to say until Roy started talking a lot of trash, including using racial slurs. That's how Roy goaded Cormier into this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Guess i'd be the only one laughing my ass off if Roy won?
    I wouldn't laugh but it's very possible. Cormier could always get caught with that big shot. He doesn't have a stick-and-move style nor does he have the experience. It's unclear how he'll react to eating a big punch if it happens.

Cormier is a sizable favorite IMO but any given day and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Koscheck? No.

Dana has had no problems with Koscheck. The reason Koscheck received his past two fights was because of ranking and name value.

It is Koscheck's own doing that he lost to a fighter in Lawler that was 3-5 in his last 8.
    Koscheck makes big money and likely wont ever contend for a title shot again. You can't tell me the UFC wouldn't like to run him through the gauntlet and cut him after a few losses.

this is leaa to do about top5 or top 10 fighters. this has to do with a beef between the 2 of them and DC wants to shut ol' mullethead up. Im not parital to this fight so as long as one of the fighters goes to sleep and im not bored to death let them settle their shit in the cage.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Koscheck makes big money and likely wont ever contend for a title shot again. You can't tell me the UFC wouldn't like to run him through the gauntlet and cut him after a few losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker
    This.

Dana loves Koscheck due to his short notice fights and TUF heritage. I think Kos would not be cut until 4 losses in a row.

Thread Information