Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva plots revenge, defies 'clowning' critics: 'It should continue

Default Anderson Silva plots revenge, defies 'clowning' critics: 'It should continue

Anderson Silva plots revenge, defies 'clowning' critics: 'It should continue, it's part of the show'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/15...tics-it-should

"If Muhammad Ali came up saying I wasnít humble, then Iíd think if I was humble or not," he said in a Sunday interview on Brazil's Globo TV. "There was no lack of respect. I respect everybody. All the provocation, hands down... It should continue, itís part of the show"

Still, he acknowledges that he made mistakes.

His longtime coach Cesario Bezerra, speaking in a separate interview with Globo, alluded to issues with focus that dated back to his time in training camp.

"He regrets it, lost his focus," Bezerra said. "He apologized, but itís done. The important [thing] is that he has a chance to do it all over again. We lost three months. Anderson is complicated, there are too many things around him. We recently had a problem in the gym and I told him: ĎAnderson, your job is with the hands, legs. Donít listen to those people, youíre not a Hollywood star. Donít forget where you come from, things youíve been through. Youíre the UFC champion. Youíre the star inside there, but here you need to be a simple man. That good and humble man. I donít understand whatís happening to you.' Iím one of his oldest coaches here in Rio, so he listens to me. He answered me: ĎDo you think so, master?í And I said: ĎOf course. It wasnít nice. I donít know what youíre doing, but youíre letting success come to your head, losing humility.' He got upset when I said that, but he later recognized."

Bezerra said even in Silva's corner on fight night, his team tried to wake him up, "scolding" him on one occasion, but there was a sense that Silva knew exactly what he was doing, and that he would emerge victorious as he always had.

After he lost, though, he admitted that he struggled, and that he couldn't hit Weidman. At least part of the problem, in Bezerra's mind, is too many cooks in the kitchen; as many as 40 coaches for various things. That means too much information and not enough focus. But he said, that is how Silva likes it.

"Nobody likes to lose," Silva said. "I train four months to win. But you end [up] learning with your mistakes, and I learned the worst way possible. After everything that happened, we calm down and I realized I had something to question, even question Anderson Silva. I lost to myself, and thatís the worst loss. Losing by knockout shakes you, [it] will be in history, but will leave a lesson."

Silva also seemed annoyed by rumors of a fix, saying no true fan would ever suggest such a thing given his respect for the sport's fans and for Brazil. In December, he plans to show the win was just a harsh lesson. One day, the 38-year-old "Spider" will fight no more. But for now, he has designs on proving he is still the best.

Bezerra certainly thinks he'll prove that, guaranteeing "100 percent" that Silva will get the belt back, and that if his charge fights seriously, he'll finish Weidman inside of two rounds.

"Everybody has to retire, but itís not my time yet," Silva said. "Iíll get a rematch. Chris gave me this opportunity and weíre fighting again. Thatís another chance to overcome, reinvent myself as a person and athlete."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Well, there it is from the man himself, no fixes, he just lost, and he'll continue to showboat. Love him or hate him, that's his style, and he's sticking to it...so he says now anyways, lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

If he thinks he can just keep doing it, he's going to get knocked out again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

You gotta remember he did a sort of showboating even with Rich but back then it was more defensive than anything. The matrix punch dodging for instance.

I think we'll see those kinds of antics. Either way I see him coming out and taking care of business.

I'm excited for this rematch. Should be a good fight if Silva does come in motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    If he thinks he can just keep doing it, he's going to get knocked out again.
    I can live with that

7. Default

How many fighters have stayed focused as long as Silva has [with UFC hype train Pride was different] GSP over looked Serra. It's a hard thing to do with all the media around and yes people telling you your great and than push training hard and stay focused.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    You gotta remember he did a sort of showboating even with Rich but back then it was more defensive than anything. The matrix punch dodging for instance.

I think we'll see those kinds of antics. Either way I see him coming out and taking care of business.
    He doesn't use that style against serious threats especially wrestlers. He didn't let Vitor, Okami, Sonnen or Dan Henderson punch him in the face and he certainly didn't lower his guard the way he did. There are certain fighters you just don't do that to.

Every fighter that has tried to implement that style has paid for it at least once. Its awesome when it works its expensive when it doesn't.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Anderson was using so many exxagerated and wasted movements in that fight, ultimately he got caught in one of those sloopy movements. The say way Roy Jones did when he got KO'd by Tarver, how Zab Judah got clipped by Kosta Tzsu, It wasn't quite as bad as Naseem Hammed getting clowned for 12 rounds by Barerra, but...this fight reminds me of what happened to Silva...

Anderson forgot the basic principle of dodging using a style like his. It's about MINIMUM movements, making your opponent barely miss and rolling punches you do catch. He went into silly land and got knocked out there....I expect a more focused and vicious Silva.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information