Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva plots revenge, defies 'clowning' critics: 'It should continue

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    He's did the bobbing and weaving against many of them just they never hit him. Maybe Chris studied that and figured were he'd be, or maybe he got lucky. Either way Silva went down
    Bobbing and weaving is one thing but letting someone hit you in the face then doing that matrix move he did against Griffin and Franklin he didn't do. Now if you saw that please point it out to me.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Silva by destruction.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I don't have any of the old fights on file to be exact. I do remember the Griffin fight were his movements made Forest look bad. My point was maybe Chris seen a pattern to AS movements were, and practiced his combo to were he thought he would be. That could be a simple reason why he got hit in the face. More of Anderson got lazy for this fight is my view of it. It's all speculation on my part, but round 2 will confirm Chris figured him out if he's tagging him again.
    I don't think he will have that free opening next time. Having never been KTFO before I'm pretty sure that will be in the back of Silva's mind to fight this guy like his name is Vitor.

If Silva does that shit again against a dangerous opponent I will call him out on it.
    Anderson Silva:

I don't have any of the old fights on file to be exact. I do remember the Griffin fight were his movements made Forest look bad. My point was maybe Chris seen a pattern to AS movements were, and practiced his combo to were he thought he would be. That could be a simple reason why he got hit in the face. More of Anderson got lazy for this fight is my view of it. It's all speculation on my part, but round 2 will confirm Chris figured him out if he's tagging him again.
    Chris absolutely had a pattern, as Jack Slack had pointed out. I think the win was a combination of things: On Silva's part, it breaks down to Anderson not believing Chris was a threat standing [even after the KO, fanbois dismiss Weidman's striking], Anderson focusing on defending the takedown, and Anderson being unused to not having reach advantage [he had reach on Forrest, who is also not a threat standing].

On Weidman's part it breaks down to not being intimidated by the mythos that zuffa's perpetual hype of Anderson had created, to a focus on doing what he does best: reacting to wherever the fight leaves an opening, be it standing, GnP or submission attempts, and then having the length and the skills to KO Silva and earn the belt.

But the perception that "it wasn't a real fight" or that Anderson lost the belt--as opposed to Weidman winning it--is just foolish revisionist history by fans who can't get their heads around the fact that Anderson Silva is a human being; he's got faults, he's got holes in his game, and on any given night in MMA, anything can happen.

Anderson has a great chance to win the rematch, if he takes the fight seriously and improves his skillset and strategy. But if he pulls a summer-of-2010-BJ Penn and comes in thinking it's his belt and all he as to do is show up business-as-usual to get it back, I think he's going to have another bad night and confusing press conference.

And the moaning on the interweb will reach unheralded levels.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Chris absolutely had a pattern, as Jack Slack had pointed out. I think the win was a combination of things: On Silva's part, it breaks down to Anderson not believing Chris was a threat standing [even after the KO, fanbois dismiss Weidman's striking], Anderson focusing on defending the takedown, and Anderson being unused to not having reach advantage [he had reach on Forrest, who is also not a threat standing].

On Weidman's part it breaks down to not being intimidated by the mythos that zuffa's perpetual hype of Anderson had created, to a focus on doing what he does best: reacting to wherever the fight leaves an opening, be it standing, GnP or submission attempts, and then having the length and the skills to KO Silva and earn the belt.

But the perception that "it wasn't a real fight" or that Anderson lost the belt--as opposed to Weidman winning it--is just foolish revisionist history by fans who can't get their heads around the fact that Anderson Silva is a human being; he's got faults, he's got holes in his game, and on any given night in MMA, anything can happen.

Anderson has a great chance to win the rematch, if he takes the fight seriously and improves his skillset and strategy. But if he pulls a summer-of-2010-BJ Penn and comes in thinking it's his belt and all he as to do is show up business-as-usual to get it back, I think he's going to have another bad night and confusing press conference.

And the moaning on the interweb will reach unheralded levels.

rh
    Why do people need this to be explained?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Why do people need this to be explained?

Not everyone buys into it. Much like with Fedor following a bad strategy and jumping into Werdum's guard and getting submitted I also believe Silva beat himself.

I found nothing really impressive with Weidman's performance but I was definitely disturbed by Silva's. I find myself once again patiently waiting on the rematch so I can simply reply with a smile face.
    Anderson Silva:

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Not everyone buys into it. Much like with Fedor following a bad strategy and jumping into Werdum's guard and getting submitted I also believe Silva beat himself.

I found nothing really impressive with Weidman's performance but I was definitely disturbed by Silva's. I find myself once again patiently waiting on the rematch so I can simply reply with a smile face.
    Not everyone buys into the reality that Anderson got hit in the face and knocked out?

Ok then.

Glad I am no longer the local conspiritard.

Time to party!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Not everyone buys into the reality that Anderson got hit in the face and knocked out?

Ok then.

Glad I am no longer the local conspiritard.

Time to party!

Not everyone buys into the knock out being a result of Weidman's performance. That win was literally handed to Weidman on a platter like BF beating Overeem.
    Anderson Silva:

A punch has to be thrown to land.

Thread Information