Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hector Lombard: Welterweight cut UFC decision (not his), vows to never lose again

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    It'd be funny to see Kampmann pick him apart IMO.
    Sadly that'll maybe last a round before he throws his gameplan out the window and get's KO'd.

I think Nate stands a really good chance at winning this fight.

I don't really believe that Joe Silva forced him to move down to 170. I suspect there was a suggestion there and Lombard sorta went with it because yea, he is a small MW within the UFC. For him to say Silva forced him down...I just can't buy it.

Anyway I'll be pulling for Nate for sure in this fight. Will Lombard take Nate down? I won't be surprised.

Related note: Please Joe Silva work with Bellator so I can watch a rematch of Lombard vs Schlemenko!
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Sadly that'll maybe last a round before he throws his gameplan out the window and get's KO'd.

I think Nate stands a really good chance at winning this fight.
    thats what I was thinking. I love Kampmann, he is literally my favorite fighter; but the boy cannot stick to a gameplan and is too eager to trade strikes with heavy handed fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I don't really believe that Joe Silva forced him to move down to 170. I suspect there was a suggestion there and Lombard sorta went with it because yea, he is a small MW within the UFC. For him to say Silva forced him down...I just can't buy it.

Anyway I'll be pulling for Nate for sure in this fight. Will Lombard take Nate down? I won't be surprised.

Related note: Please Joe Silva work with Bellator so I can watch a rematch of Lombard vs Schlemenko!
    I listened to Lombard's interview on The MMA Hour and he all but admitted that Zuffa gave him an ultimatum to drop weight classes. He said that Zuffa thinks he's too short for MW.

I think this has a lot to do with the size of his contract as much as his performances in the octagon. Hector's good, but if the UFC were to release him after another MW loss, his stock would be hurting for sure. He's smart enough to stay in the good graces of the boss, especially with that contract to lose.

Thread Information