Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MacDonald: I was having fun just beating on BJ Penn

Default MacDonald: I was having fun just beating on BJ Penn

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ng-on-BJ-Penn/

"Rory: Welcome to "Chez' Ellenberger," tweeted Ellenberger recently. "Tonight's special is CANVAS SANDWICHES served FACE DOWN. Bon' appetit'!"

Rather than engaging in much pre fight trash talk, MacDonald discusses his opponents with a demeanor that draws comparisons with the fictional character Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.

"(Trash talk) doesn't really bother me to tell you the truth," MacDonald told Bleacher Report. "It's just talk. People have been talking s--- about me my whole life so I've gotten pretty used to dealing with it. At the end of the day I usually come out on top so I'm not really worried about his talking."

"It comes across as kind of childish, and it just seems like there's a lot of insecurities when people start talking like that or they're just trying to get more fans or more attention on themselves, they're trying to make themselves more confident. I really don't know."

"I really just try to focus on myself and the martial arts side of things. It doesn't really interest me, the whole s--- talking thing. When it happens I voice my opinion on it sometimes, but it's very childish. I don't really think it has a place in martial arts.

"It's like the new model for promoting a fight in mixed martial arts. For me, I never understood it. It reminds me of high school sometimes. The way all the UFC fighters have been talking to each other, the way they have been very immature. The way people respond too has been on the most part immature as well. I think people need to learn how to keep it classy a little bit."

"I don't ever know the people I fight at all. I just know their name and I show up on the night, they show up, and we fight in a cage and we paid for it. That's what we like to do."

"I just focus on the fight part of it and the rest of it will take care of itself. I kind of felt like my career has been that way. I've moved up the ranks pretty fast because of the way I've performed. I don't think I need to change anything."

"I think he's a good fighter. He's got a lot of good tools, but I think he's got a lot of weaknesses as well. I think I'll be able to exploit them quite well and I'm very confident that I'll have a dominant victory."

A downside of trash talking Rory MacDonald is that he may try to hurt you a little more.

"The B.J. fight, I was having fun just beating on him," MacDonald told MMAjunkie.com. "He was talking a little bit of trash, so I figured I might just hurt him a little bit more."

MacDonald said Ellenberger's talk has not changed anything for him.

"Not for me," said MacDonald. "Maybe it is for him, but at the end of the day, this is my job, to fight. I don't let trash talk or anything get in the way or a difference in my focus or my emotions. He could be the nicest guy, or the rudest guy.

"He chose that route, and really, it doesn't make a difference to me. I'm going in there to win a fight, regardless of what attitude he brings in there.

"My last opponent had some stuff to say, too. At the end of the day, it's just bickering. The great thing about our job is that we get to solve our problems because we get locked in a cage, and they tell us to fight."

"Sometimes you train so hard and for so long and you only get 15 minutes max of game day for a few times a year. So sometimes it's nice to spend a little time in there and get hit once or twice or hit him a little more. Sometimes it's just a little more fun. Sometimes, you just want to hurt someone and devastate their lives fast. But I only react to how I'm feeling that night."

I was having fun watching him beat on BJ.

I want to see Rory get knocked the fuck out...I would have fun watching that.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

He's as talented as he is a douche, so u know hes a real big fuckin douche but if Jake can connect with a solid shot it'll be night night. I would definitely have fun watching that.

It's hard to like either of these guys with the way they come off in the media.

Ellenberger is way too one-dimensional and I personally think Rory's camp has seen PLENTY of one-dimensional wrestlers with a big punch in their day.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

To be honest I was not impressed with MacDonald when he fought BJ. He danced around too much and tried to clown him a little too hard. I would have found it way more impressive if he actually managed to stop BJ intead of looking like an idiot for 15 minutes.

As for this fight, Ellenberger to KO him into next week.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I like that Rory's a bit creepy. He knows how to play the villain, and the best part is, he's just being himself. I hope he wins and does another, "I refuse to eat and sleep until I get a rematch with Carlos Condit" diatribe after the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    To be honest I was not impressed with MacDonald when he fought BJ. He danced around too much and tried to clown him a little too hard. I would have found it way more impressive if he actually managed to stop BJ intead of looking like an idiot for 15 minutes.

As for this fight, Ellenberger to KO him into next week.
    Apparently confidence breeds haters. Rory didn't say anything about Penn before the fight that ended up being false.

You want to see clowning too hard, go watch Silva vs Weidman. You want to see dancing around too much, go watch Silva vs Weidman, or Silva vs Leites or Silva vs Maia. You say Rory looked like an idiot for 15 minutes but for at least 9 minutes of that fight he looked like a dominant future champion. I would find it more impressive if you wrote something that actually required some thought instead of looking like an idiot for your entire post. You're better than this Masscore.

It's possible that Ellenberger catches Rory but I expect Rory's well rounded-ness and gameplanning to end up running a clinic on Ellenberger.

WAR Rory.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

War Bateman.

I'm about to finish my American Psycho book.

I don't even like Jake, but I hope to God he SMASHES Rory.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information