+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacDonald: I was having fun just beating on BJ Penn

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Apparently arrogance breeds haters.
    Fixed.

...I still like Rory

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

3. Default

------------------

And here I thought it was all just about technique from MacD or that's what Zahabi said http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fir...-BJ-Penn-48199:

“I can’t believe people perceived it that way,” Zahabi told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show on Wednesday. “It makes no sense to me because the shuffle is a technique. It’s a way to draw your opponent’s attention. Rory did the technique three or four times, and he followed it up with a superman punch. It’s exactly what we drilled. He was trained to do that. He was not just doing it to showboat. He was doing it to execute a strike.”

Although MacDonald and Penn traded words before the bout, Zahabi insisted that his fighter respected the former lightweight and welterweight champion. In fact, Zahabi was worried MacDonald might even respect Penn too much.

“That was a big concern that [MacDonald] would be a deer stuck in the headlights because you’re fighting a guy who’s got such an aura about him,” Zahabi said. “It happened to Georges [St. Pierre] the first time he fought Matt Hughes. Rory knew not to fall for that, just to fight him like he’s anybody else and not to show too much respect in terms of fighting, but we made sure to show him all the respect in the world in terms of a fighter who paved the way. He paved the way for many great fighters.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Rory's ali shuffle needs much work.

Firas Zahabi lying up a storm again.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Apparently confidence breeds haters. Rory didn't say anything about Penn before the fight that ended up being false.

You want to see clowning too hard, go watch Silva vs Weidman. You want to see dancing around too much, go watch Silva vs Weidman, or Silva vs Leites or Silva vs Maia. You say Rory looked like an idiot for 15 minutes but for at least 9 minutes of that fight he looked like a dominant future champion. I would find it more impressive if you wrote something that actually required some thought instead of looking like an idiot for your entire post. You're better than this Masscore.

It's possible that Ellenberger catches Rory but I expect Rory's well rounded-ness and gameplanning to end up running a clinic on Ellenberger.

WAR Rory.
    You want to see Weidman get KTFO in December lol? Make sure you watch the rematch. Much like Sonnen 2 you will see the real outcome.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

This is the sport we watch. If you want to talk trash you can but your opponent can "run up the score" as much as he wants. BJ has talked plenty of trash on other people so he knows how it works. At the end of the day, you can settle whatever talk, weigh in shoves, or anything else inside that cage.

I think MacDonald is going to win, but I hope that Ellenberger knocks him out cold.

Brown Pride

This twat needs to be humbled a little bit.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    You want to see Weidman get KTFO in December lol? Make sure you watch the rematch. Much like Sonnen 2 you will see the real outcome.
    Sig bet

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information