Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Howard makes return to UFC in Boston to fight Hall

Default John Howard makes return to UFC in Boston to fight Hall

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...to-fight-Hall/

John Howard has been actively campaigning on Twittter for a return to the UFC for a chance to fight in his hometown of Boston. It seems as though now he has gotten his wish:

The announcement was made today on the Underground and has since been independently confirmed by The Underground.

Howard stormed into the UFC in early 2009, reeling off four consecutive wins. However as the competition got stiffer, Howard dropped his next three and was released from the organization.

Howard has spent the last two years working his way through regional promotions, going 6-1 in that time. It is currently unknown who Howard will face in his return to the UFC on the Fox Sports 1 card.

Update: The Boston Herald's Mark Daniels revealed that Howard will be return to fight The Ultimate Fighter's Urijah Hall in which is sure to be a barn burner of a fight between two athletic, dynamic strikers:

The Dorchester native has re-signed with the UFC and will take on Uriah Hall on short-notice in the TD Garden at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 on Aug. 17, according to his coach at Wai Kru John Allan.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Goddamn Josh Salmon got injured... wait... no he didn't. The reason has not been given yet. Maybe Salmon is ducking Hall again!

Was really looking forward to that fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Goddamn Josh Salmon got injured... wait... no he didn't. The reason has not been given yet. Maybe Salmon is ducking Hall again!

Was really looking forward to that fight!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drevillaser.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	555

"Injured"

Howard at 185 is not a good thing IMO. He's tough, and maybe he can wrestle-fuck Hall into a decision. But I think it's much more likely that Hall out-muscles his TD attempts and knocks him silly for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Howard at 185 is not a good thing IMO. He's tough, and maybe he can wrestle-fuck Hall into a decision. But I think it's much more likely that Hall out-muscles his TD attempts and knocks him silly for trying.
    YUP!
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I like Hall but I rather see Howard win in his hometown of Boston in his return fight. Wish these two could be fighting other people.

I wanted to see Samman get his ass kicked but this is a good matchup too. If Josh really is ducking Uriah, it wouldn't come as a surprise of me. He was probably just watching footage of Hall's fights on TUF and said...

...NOPE!

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I like Howard, but don't like his chances at MW.

He's not that big and will be giving up alot of size in this division, especially against a guy like Hall.

He drops some fights and gets cut if he decides to stay at MW.

You may be confusing Howard for someone else he doesnt try and wrestle at all. His bread and butter is on the feet. He only loses when guys wrestle him and sit on top the whole fight. This fight should be awesome I'm so happy to see Doomsday back in the octagon.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Here comes the Doom

Thread Information