Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White again blasts conspiracy theories, Sports Illustrated on UFC 162 claim

I am also a ginger.

What about native americans? They have like zero presence in MMA.

I just find it funny someone wrote an article about how great it would be if Anderson lost, for the sport,the division and the UFC, and then the next day it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    roaddawg,

why would you rather your hero disgrace his own integrity and legacy as opposed to him losing once in a 16 fight span?
    Can you expand on your question? You seem to have an assumption that I want Silva to disgrace himself. I'm unclear how you came to that conclusion.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-19-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    What about native americans? They have like zero presence in MMA.
    Dan Henderson is one... I'm sure you can find others that are at least like 1/280 Native American.

I met Dan Hornbuckle at a grappling tournament. He seemed like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    The term "role model" means different things to different people I suppose. It is about as subjective as a p4p discussion.
    For some minorities its all about making it out of poverty, getting fame, money and success.
    I'd point out that makes Aaron Hernandez a role model for Hispanics, but you've contradicted yourself before I could get to it:

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Daniel Cormier - accepted
    Jon Jones - accepted
    Rashad Evans - accepted

2 of the 3 names on this list are considered to be assholes. Are they really role models?
    Even when Ortiz was loved, he was an asshole.

Many of his fans loved him because he was an asshole.

Simplejack, Connor McGregor is a ginger. Give him a year, you'll have guys wringing out his jock for salad dressing.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Just because an athlete is your color, doesn't mean you or any members of his race did anything to get him there. Same with Olympians that are from your country.

This whole cheering for your country or color thing is craziness. As crazy as getting in a fight over your favorite sports team. People have an irrational compulsion to belong. They want to belong not to their community or their neighborhood but instead to a larger conglomeration.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Simplejack, Connor McGregor is a ginger. Give him a year, you'll have guys wringing out his jock for salad dressing.

rh
    Ease up there tonto. The ginger gang and I had a closer look and we can't find a freckle on that young man. Now we would be more than happy to declare him king of the gingers, but you will need to produce multiple freckles of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Just because an athlete is your color, doesn't mean you or any members of his race did anything to get him there. Same with Olympians that are from your country.

This whole cheering for your country or color thing is craziness. As crazy as getting in a fight over your favorite sports team. People have an irrational compulsion to belong. They want to belong not to their community or their neighborhood but instead to a larger conglomeration.
    Snigs, wouldn't sociology come into play. Your county is a bigger piece of your community. Don't you need your country to be doing well for your community to do well. They are not mutually exclusive are they? I take pride in both. I volunteer to my community (city) and I have also served for my country. Not sure why it is crazy to cheer for my country, or want to see them do good. In the end it will benefit me, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

When you watch the Olympics you don't cheer for your country? When you watch sports surely you cheer for your home town or the team closest by your home town to win.

Fans typically rally behind "their guy or team" in sports. In this regards I don't see my behavior as being outside of the norm. There is nothing wrong with supporting a fighter that indirectly represents you whether its comes down to skin color, morals, fighting style, upbringing etc etc.

It's not like I wouldn't be cheering for Nick Diaz if it was physically possible for him to fight Rashad Evans or Jon Jones. While skin color is a factor its not my end all be all.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-19-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

^^^@roaddawg I was in Germany for a month (deployed) when the European cup was going on for soccer. Germany was in the championship that year. You should see how crazed those people were. Looked like someone died when they lost.

Thread Information