Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White again blasts conspiracy theories, Sports Illustrated on UFC 162 claim

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    As a guy who's also a boxing fan, the race portion of this discussion is, at minimum, troubling.

White fighters are disrespected to the tune of even movies being made about them in boxing. Basketball isn't much different. So, you find a sport that caucasions are actually excelling in and now it's some sort of major crisis?

Maybe I'm missing what's going on here in this thread but I personally don't look at race when I look at fighters.

Jason Macdonald???
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

You're not missing anything SJ. We just hail from 2 different worlds. It's like trying to watch a 3d movie without the shades on.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    The UFC has quite a few African American role models on their current roster.

Daniel Cormier
    Jon Jones
    Tyrone Woodley
    Bobby Green
    Rashad Evans
    Phil Davis
    Mike Eastmen
    Melvin Guillard

The real disparity is when you look for Ginger Americans. Where are my role models to look to?
    Daniel Cormier - accepted
    Jon Jones - accepted
    Rashad Evans - accepted

2 of the 3 names on this list are considered to be assholes. Are they really role models?

The others IMHO are questionable for one of the below reasons:
    - lack championship gold
    - relative unknowns
    - no chance of being in the HOF
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-18-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Chuck Norris is a ginger.

You see, the issue is that Judas was a ginger so they're destined to live a life of torture and regret.

You're not missing anything SJ. We just hail from 2 different worlds. It's like trying to watch a 3d movie without the shades on.
    It's been clear to me for years that you live in a different world.

What you have failed to address is the rampant anti-white sentiments in other sports yet your feeling of somehow being slighted in this one.

If it has more to do with character of the black fighters available, then I would tend to agree.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Chuck Norris is a ginger.

You see, the issue is that Judas was a ginger so they're destined to live a life of torture and regret.

It's been clear to me for years that you live in a different world.

What you have failed to address is the rampant anti-white sentiments in other sports yet your feeling of somehow being slighted in this one.

If it has more to do with character of the black fighters available, then I would tend to agree.
    For me its about successful black champions that will be in the HOF. My bar is raised a bit higher where others even within my own race would easily settle for a Tyrone Woodley.

Anderson Silva is my Fedor.

If it was all about race believe me I would have no love for the Diaz brothers whom I actually relate to more than any other fighters currently on the UFC roster.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-18-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

You're one overly confusing SOB...

For me its about successful black champions that will be in the HOF. My bar is raised a bit higher where others even within my own race would easily settle for a Tyrone Woodley.
    followed by:
    If it was all about race believe me I would have no love for the Diaz brothers whom I actually relate to more than any other fighters currently on the UFC roster.
    I'll just go ahead and take for granted that you know what you mean but are having trouble verbalizing it to me.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

You're one overly confusing SOB...

followed by:

I'll just go ahead and take for granted that you know what you mean but are having trouble verbalizing it to me.
    It's just a G thang dog. Thats why you don't get it

question of the century...what is worse espn or sports illustrated?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    question of the century...what is worse espn or sports illustrated?
    It's a tie, I watch neither!!

roaddawg,

why would you rather your hero disgrace his own integrity and legacy as opposed to him losing once in a 16 fight span?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information