+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Exclusive: Cesar Gracie Confirms Nick Diaz Has Been Offered a Fight By UFC

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    The pressure standing.

Diaz throws such an array and volume of punches I can't see Maia closing the gap without getting lit up.

I could be wrong, I just don't see it.
    Diaz also has horrible footwork imo, which leaves him wide open for takedowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    ...I don't see them pandering to his delusions of grandeur any longer.
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Why don't you see Maia taking it down? He took Story and Fitch to the mat. He is huge at 170.
    He also took down Sonnen at 185, pretty easily as I remember.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

What's up with Cesar Gracie and the whole flip-flop thing--first, Nick has a fight, the next day he completely eats his words. It seems there's a power struggle going on behind the scenes in the Diaz camp. If I didn't know any better, it seems like Cesar is trying to talk Nick out of retirement by spreading rumors of an impending fight. Maybe Nick is holding out for a better offer? Was Nick actually in Vegas negotiating a new contract?

If Nick does have a fight with Maia and he fights like he used to nto like he did against GSP he will win it however he chooses. If he fights like he did against GSP or even COndit he has little to no shot at beating any of the top guys in the Welterweight division.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    If Nick does have a fight with Maia and he fights like he used to nto like he did against GSP he will win it however he chooses. If he fights like he did against GSP or even COndit he has little to no shot at beating any of the top guys in the Welterweight division.
    You're saying Diaz could submit Maia if he chose to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I meant on the feet on the ground but he could submit him I do beleive nick has eltie grappling skills when he is on his game.

Taking a step back from any possible Nick Diaz matchup, but the ongoing Tweedale/Cesar dynamic and potential conflict is pretty interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Taking a step back from any possible Nick Diaz matchup, but the ongoing Tweedale/Cesar dynamic and potential conflict is pretty interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes...
    This is what I'm interested in. No point in talking about hypothetical match ups with all the smoke that's circulating in the air--and I'm not talking about ganja.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-to-Nick-Diaz/
    White: No bout offer made to Nick Diaz
    Maybe he never said this at all and bjpenn.com is a crock of shit just like with the phantom "$1 million bet" that wasn't real but they reported anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information