Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive: Cesar Gracie Confirms Nick Diaz Has Been Offered a Fight By UFC

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Why don't you see Maia taking it down? He took Story and Fitch to the mat. He is huge at 170.
    I don't see Maia getting the takedown either. Diaz has a long reach and works a jab well which is rough for someone who has Maia's style of takedowns. Maia doesn't shoot like a wrestler so much as he closes the distance and then drops for it or takes the trip. I think that's a rough TD style for someone with solid boxing.

2. Default

If Maia fully commits to a take down and protects himself enough to still function when he gets in I see going Maia's way for the rest of the round. Daiz isn't known for knock power but continuous abuse that wears you out. So I see it round one Daiz rounds 2 & 3 Maia

Very well could go down that way. I just don't see Maia as being that durable or able to cut off the many angles Diaz attacks from.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I'm thinking a little different here, since Lawler fights next week, what if Lawler/Diaz II around October/November?

Didn't think of that.

Interesting fight but I don't see Lawler beating Diaz either.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Didn't think of that.

One of the reasons I was thinking Lawler over Maia for Nick Diaz, is that it's probably a fight that doesn't go the distance and unlike a Maia match-up, it is a style of fight that won't make Nick lose his smile again and Nick and Cesar always bitch and moan about boring fights and decisions and I wonder if the fights they're looking for are more along the lines of fun, meaningless bouts like Zarmoskis and Santos, than say Condit.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I think he will be able to wade through the pitter patter. This new Demian Maia version 170 remembers that he is a great grappler! I think he has went back to his old game plan.
    Yea this. The people who get lit up by Diaz are the people who choose to stand and trade. Maia will have none of it, and I don't think it's crazy to think he'll smother Diaz the way he did to Fitch. Nick isn't KOing anyone with a 1-shot bomb--Maia will have plenty of opportunity to wade in and establish a clinch.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I didn't think Lawler would beat Koscheck (although I was pleasantly surprised) I think Diaz would take that fight but Robbie showed us that anything can happen.

As for the Maia fight, I think at WW Damian is big enough to bully guys around and make them seriously worry about his ground game. I expect he'd do the same to Diaz.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Whoever it is I just want Nick to win so I can hear him ramble about nonsense for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    Whoever it is I just want Nick to win so I can hear him ramble about nonsense for a while.
    He does that whether he wins or loses.

Thread Information