+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive: Cesar Gracie Confirms Nick Diaz Has Been Offered a Fight By UFC

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-to-Nick-Diaz/
    White: No bout offer made to Nick Diaz

A day after Cesar Gracie told BJPenn.com that UFC president Dana White had offered Diaz a return UFC fight, White told MMAFighting.com on Thursday the opposite.

"Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick," White wrote via text message.

In response to a text message asking who the UFC offered Diaz, Gracie told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, "Can't tell you."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    One of the reasons I was thinking Lawler over Maia for Nick Diaz, is that it's probably a fight that doesn't go the distance and unlike a Maia match-up, it is a style of fight that won't make Nick lose his smile again and Nick and Cesar always bitch and moan about boring fights and decisions and I wonder if the fights they're looking for are more along the lines of fun, meaningless bouts like Zarmoskis and Santos, than say Condit.
    Sounds like Rampage.

Rampage didn't want fights with people that could beat him.

Difference is nick didn't say that at all.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    No, Nick just cries and retires every time things dont go his way.
    The funny thing is that if he does take another fight and loses again, he'll probably do it again, which would make three times in a row that he retires post-fight lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    No, Nick just cries and retires every time things dont go his way.
    And it often times has ended up making him alot more $$$.

300k to show up to press conferences? Hell yeah.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Maia would own Nick on the ground.
    Nick would own Maia on the feet. Just playing devils advocate.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Nick Diaz rep refutes UFC offer talk
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ufc-offer-talk
    In an email to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), Nick Diaz rep Jonathan Tweedale today the fighter has not received an offer to return to the octagon.

On Wednesday, BJPenn Radio quoted longtime Diaz trainer Cesar Gracie, who said the onetime title challenger had been communicating with the UFC in Las Vegas and that there was "an offer on the table" from the promotion that included a potential fight against an unspecified opponent.

"Dana has offered him a fight," Gracie said. "There is an offer on the table, I can’t say who it is, but it’s kind of neat I think. But no decision’s have been made for sure."

In a brief interview today with MMAjunkie.com, however, Gracie downplayed the seriousness of the talks and stressed that, contrary to several media reports, no new contract had been offered, because Diaz was already under contract with the promotion.

"I was misquoted by BJPenn.com," he said. "There's no bout agreement. There's no new contract."

Tweedale did not respond to follow-up requests asking whether Diaz, who's reportedly made overtures toward a comeback, remains retired.

A Canada-based lawyer, Tweedale once served as the head of the Vancouver Athletic Commission and began working with Diaz earlier this year. His apparent takeover as Diaz's rep drew the ire of Gracie, who initially denied Tweedale had a role in the fighter's camp.

In the wake of Diaz's regrettable admission at UFC 158 that he'd never paid taxes, Gracie and Tweedale sparred over who was responsible for the fighter's predicament. Gracie said the fighter had paid $100,000 to Uncle Sam, while Tweedale claimed the trainer and manager had neglected to help Diaz with his returns.

The ensuing months saw Tweedale take a more public role as Diaz's representative and even become the organizer of Diaz's "War MMA" promotion, which held its first event this past month.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Diaz is fine on the ground with Maia, no doubt in my mind.. Come on, when has Diaz ever showed lack of defensive grappling? Diaz would Rip Maia to pieces, be real..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I don't care what Diaz does next at this point. He won't be getting another title shot at this point. Diaz has continually shown himself to be an unstable employee. Now that they cashed in on Diaz/GSP, I don't see them pandering to his delusions of grandeur any longer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information