+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magalhaes: If I lose this fight I deserve to be cut

Default Magalhaes: If I lose this fight I deserve to be cut

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...rve-to-be-cut/

"The biggest thing to prove to myself is that I belong with the elite fighters. I should be fighting the elite fighters, which means fighting in the UFC. I just want to fight in the UFC period I don't care if I'm fighting top-10, top-five opponents. If you're in the UFC, you're fighting top fighters and I just want to prove I belong in there. If I lose this fight I deserve to be cut. And I'll be pretty honest actually, the way I performed in my last fight I could be cut right now. They didn't have to give me this chance against Anthony Perosh. But the UFC gave me this chance and I want to prove I can be much better than I did last time. But I want to prove to myself that I can be in the UFC and that I belong there."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I actually think that this is a fight where the loser will be cut.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Vinny better not worry about after this fight. He needs to worry about Perosh. Perosh is nobody's bitch and is a solid fighter. I know he got ko'd quick to Jimmo, but Vinny doesn't have that ko power. Perosh has not been subbed either. This should be a tough fight.

Agreed, Miz. Perosh is a very high level JJ black belt, maybe not as slick as Vinny but I believe enough to avoid subs and challenge. Vinny really needs to put his striking and cardio together. IMO, his cardio and conditioning are a big part of his inability to consistently put together combinations and could easily be the factor that loses him this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information