Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mousasi wants Belfort fight for #1 contender spot

Default Mousasi wants Belfort fight for #1 contender spot

Mousasi wants Belfort fight for #1 contender spot
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ontender-spot/

"The reality is this - Silva vs Weidman II is going to have to happen first on December 28th," said Mousasi. "Vitor has to wait for a title shot no matter what. I know the UFC wants to see this fight happen as they offered it to me for UFC Belo Horizonte in September. I could not take the fight because I just had surgery. So, it is inevitable that Vitor and I are going to have to meet first to determine who the #1 contender is. So my opinion is that we should also fight on December 28th on the same card as Anderson v. Weidman II to determine the #1 contender spot for the UFC middleweigh title."

"It is as simple as this. Vitor and I were supposed to fight in the past for both Affliction and now the UFC. Vitor knows that it is inevitable that we are going to have to meet in the Octagon".
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I dont know what else to say except this is the only fight that makes sense for a #1 contender fight for MW. Vitor doesn't have anyone else to fight to justify a #1 contender fight for the MW title besides Mousasi. Only thing that sucks is that Mousasi isn't a big enough a name than Bisping or Cung Le, yet he's still a top 5 contender.
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

What has Mousasi done to earn a #1 contender fight against Vitor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I am usually whole heartedly against turning down fights BUT in this case vitor should mousasi does not deserve a #1 conteder fight yet.

Vitor should be next in line and should not have to fight a guy whose trying to talk his way into a bigger fight than he deserves.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

To be fair though, Vitor's best shot at getting another shot at the belt is Anderson losing again. Or Silva winning and Bisping, Jones, GSP all losing. And RJJ deciding he doesn't need to do any of that UFC stuff. Then ya, I could see Vitor getting a rematch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

After re-thinking it you are right. I just believe VItor deserves a title shot more than anybody in the UFC right now let alone the Middleweight Division.

I love the idea of this fight and the UFC has made it clear that title shots have nothing to do with performance in a particular weight class anyway.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

"HE NO DESERVE THIS, BACK A'DA LINE! I DA REAL LION! JESUS!"

Hopefully Vitor ends up accepting. Would love to see this. Vitor basically got a title shot for nothing against Jones so I have no problem with him waiting to get another shot. Plus, he would have to sit out for a long time anyways, and who else would he fight? Someone who wouldn't be a big challenge?

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Your wrong on this one Simple Jack it is all about performance. The ability to preform in bringing in big $$$$$$$

I need to look up Mousasi's record he beat a Lackluster Reshad and lost to who? He never crossed my mind as a title contender
    mousasi didnt beat rashad? Well whatever he has some unimpressive performances in recent memory getting smashed by Mo, having a draw with keith jardine and getting floored by mike kyle before getting a submission in a fight he was clearly losing.

Gegard arguably shouldn't be fighting a top 10 guy yet let alone the consensus #2 guy in the division.

Thread Information