Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mousasi wants Belfort fight for #1 contender spot

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    mousasi didnt beat rashad? Well whatever he has some unimpressive performances in recent memory getting smashed by Mo,

Mo never smashed Mousasi wtf u talkin? He LNP'd the whole fight where Mousasi stay active as hell from the bottom and should have won IMO.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

QUOTE=TheDoucheyWun;1040410]Mo never smashed Mousasi wtf u talkin? He LNP'd the whole fight where Mousasi stay active as hell from the bottom and should have won IMO.[/QUOTE]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	557[
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

This would be a great great fight.

Mousasi has good chances of winning this one.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Try beating a top 10 middleweight first Mousasi.

His last opponent is lucky to be put in the top 30 at LHW.

Though, this is just an attempt at career advancement that noone can blame him for.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 07-20-2013 at 01:49 AM.

The middleweight division is much too top heavy at this point for Mousasi to think he deserves a shot at the title. With guys like Vitor, Costa, Jacare, Munoz, and Okami, all looking impressive lately, Gegard is nowhere near the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

MW isn't empty for once. Mousasi would be better off at LHW... but then again... there is Jones. There will be an opening for a title shot if Mousasi wins against 2 top 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Try beating a top 10 middleweight first Mousasi.

His last opponent is lucky to be put in the top 30 at LHW.

Though, this is just an attempt at career advancement that noone can blame him for.
    Not much he can do about that when his opponent gets hurt a couple days before the fight. He was coming to fight Gus, a top 3 LHW who definitely holds a size and reach advantage over him...and he got hurt.

He also holds a KO victory over Jacare when he was easily a top 10 fighter.

But yes, as you said earlier, no Jones at MW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    The middleweight division is much too top heavy at this point for Mousasi to think he deserves a shot at the title. With guys like Vitor, Costa, Jacare, Munoz, and Okami, all looking impressive lately, Gegard is nowhere near the front of the line.
    Mousasi is a level above everyone those guys have been beating. Boetsch? Lombard? (who Mousasi beat by UD a long time ago) Bisping? eh. KO'ing Rockhold is a hell of a win, though...but I can't think of a more competitive fight than Mousasi, even though he hasn't fought at MW in a while...but I'd say 34-3 pretty much speaks for itself...1 loss in his last 22 fights.
    Last edited by dbader08; 07-20-2013 at 03:06 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Not much he can do about that when his opponent gets hurt a couple days before the fight. He was coming to fight Gus, a top 3 LHW who definitely holds a size and reach advantage over him...and he got hurt.

He also holds a KO victory over Jacare when he was easily a top 10 fighter.

But yes, as you said earlier, no Jones at MW.

Mousasi is a level above everyone those guys have been beating. Boetsch? Lombard? (who Mousasi beat by UD a long time ago) Bisping? eh. KO'ing Rockhold is a hell of a win, though...but I can't think of a more competitive fight than Mousasi, even though he hasn't fought at MW in a while...but I'd say 34-3 pretty much speaks for itself...1 loss in his last 22 fights.
    Ok let's put this in realistic terms. The majority of MMA fans are casual fans. Mousasi has not done enough in the UFC to have a high enough name value to get this sort of hype machine treatment. Even a TUF competitor has had more exposure to UFC fans at this point. Given what Mousasi is making, he will be fast tracked if he wins 1-2 more. Vitor will get someone else methinks.

There has been less worthy challengers in the MW division, but that was when MW was a desolate field of bones that Silva ruled over.

Vitor's in a weird spot matchup-wise, because other than Consta and MAYBE Kennedy, most top tier MWs are already matched up or coming off losses(Belcher, Boetsch)and for me, Jacare/Okami feels like a closer fight to #1 Contendership than any fight with Mousasi at the moment would. Moving forward, I think that a matchup between winner of Okami/Jacare vs. Vitor works.

That said, if Vitor insists on fighting in Brazil and/or doesn't make himself accessible to fighting stateside and Mousasi is willing to take the fight now, in Brazil and happens to win, I think that's a mighty bold statement to make at MW.

Too bad Anderson Silva already has a matchup.

Thread Information