Thread: Bendo: I'm going to beat [Pettis] up

Default Bendo: I'm going to beat [Pettis] up

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...eat-Pettis-up/

Although Benson Henderson lost to Anthony Pettis in the last ever WEC lightweight title, he ended up the UFC lightweight champion first and is anxious to erase that loss and solidify his title beating the only guy he's lost to in the last six years:

The switch from Grant to Pettis is a "curveball," Henderson said, but nothing he hasn't dealt with in the past. And with five and a half weeks remaining until fight night, there's plenty of time for Henderson to properly prepare. The fact is Henderson had already cut down on the length of training camps because, Crouch said, "he works too hard and beats his body up.” Since they were just about to get in the gym to prepare for Grant, "timing is just fine," the trainer said.

Henderson sees the scenario in front of him as typical, which means there's no such thing as a perfect situation in MMA. At a minimum, Pettis is a guy with a chance, and that's all any fighter requires to pull off something special. This is how the lightweight champion processed Chris Weidman’s stunning victory over Anderson Silva: “The reason why we fight is that any given day the best can lose.”

Pettis, of course, is no long shot. Oddsmakers have pegged the challenger, who’s fighting in his hometown, as the slight favorite.

"It doesn't matter to me where it's at, who's it against, what hometown," Henderson said. "Bump all that noise. It doesn't matter to me. I'm going to beat him up. At the end of the night I'm going to get my hand raised."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think Pettis will take it. Bendo's been primarily a striker these past 3/4 fights...he has to be primarily a wrestler to win this and even if he does come with a very strict wrestling gameplan I think Pettis will be ready to stop the takedown...and he's just a better striker in every way imo.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

He MIGHT beat him up, but we all know for sure that there's no way he FINISHES The Fight.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Ben cant "beat up" Pettis. he didn't the first fight and certainly wont this one. I think Pettis softens him up and chokes him out.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

dimerules28 Guest

Cant wait to see bens title reign end... I really wanted to see grant get a chance but i guess it wasnt meant to be. So lets go Pettis!

6. 07-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Reason
    didn't quote post I wanted to quote

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    He MIGHT beat him up, but we all know for sure that there's no way he FINISHES The Fight.
    You talk like Benson doesn't ever finish fights but he has finished 10 of his 19 fights. 2 wins against Frankie whom has never been finished, Nate who has been finished only twice and Melendez who hasn't been finished ever. Bocek has been finished only twice and Jim Miller finished only 1 time. So in total his opponents since joining the UFC have been finished 5 times in total. He's the only guy to ever sub Cerrone (dammit ) and Varner in 31 fights has been finished only 4 times and one of those was Bendo (Vendor lol still love it). Saying he won't finish Pettis isn't much of a stretch seeing as he's never been finished before.
    I am hoping soooo much that Vendor finishes Pettis in a dominant fashion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benson_Henderson
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    You talk like Benson doesn't ever finish fights but he has finished 10 of his 19 fights. 2 wins against Frankie whom has never been finished, Nate who has been finished only twice and Melendez who hasn't been finished ever. Bocek has been finished only twice and Jim Miller finished only 1 time. So in total his opponents since joining the UFC have been finished 5 times in total. He's the only guy to ever sub Cerrone (dammit ) and Varner in 31 fights has been finished only 4 times and one of those was Bendo (Vendor lol still love it). Saying he won't finish Pettis isn't much of a stretch seeing as he's never been finished before.
    I am hoping soooo much that Vendor finishes Pettis in a dominant fashion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benson_Henderson
    Bringing up that Bendo finished 10 out of his 19 opponents is like ppl that talk about how gsp has finished a bunch of fights... The fact is that since being in the ufc against elite competition he is 0/7 when it comes to finishing opponents. Is he fighting guys that are hard to finish? Of course! He's a ufc champion, he is supposed to fight the best in the world. Isnt this the same guy that wrote an open letter to fans telling us we dont know how hard he works and its not as easy as we think it is to finish fights. Basically calling the fans dumb and making excuses for why he doesnt finish opponents. In the letter he also blamed his opponents for not being able to finish them. The guy is kind of a goof and it would be good for the ufc and fans if pettis whoops his ass.

Bendo was winning the first fight,that kick stole the Win I think. Bendo has really improved during his time in the UFC,while I don't think Pettis has as much, also Bendo is use to 5 round title fights in the UFC, he knows the song and dance he won't have any gitters or nervousness, while this will be a first for Pettis and that could have ramifications mentally.

Either way,its going to be a great fight, really the fight everyone wanted after Edgar left the division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Bringing up that Bendo finished 10 out of his 19 opponents is like ppl that talk about how gsp has finished a bunch of fights... The fact is that since being in the ufc against elite competition he is 0/7 when it comes to finishing opponents. Is he fighting guys that are hard to finish? Of course! He's a ufc champion, he is supposed to fight the best in the world. Isnt this the same guy that wrote an open letter to fans telling us we dont know how hard he works and its not as easy as we think it is to finish fights. Basically calling the fans dumb and making excuses for why he doesnt finish opponents. In the letter he also blamed his opponents for not being able to finish them. The guy is kind of a goof and it would be good for the ufc and fans if pettis whoops his ass.
    He had to explain because some people still do not understand what it takes to be at his level. You are most certainly not living the same life as he is with the same level of worth. MMA is more than KOs and submissions. Working every day to perfect your technique at something is only a small percentage of the population does.

It was not his intention to call fans dumb. If that is what you derived from it then perhaps you are projecting your realizations to his words.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Bendo was winning the first fight,that kick stole the Win I think. Bendo has really improved during his time in the UFC,while I don't think Pettis has as much, also Bendo is use to 5 round title fights in the UFC, he knows the song and dance he won't have any gitters or nervousness, while this will be a first for Pettis and that could have ramifications mentally.
    I think this is the most important point. While it's debatable if Bendo was winning before the kick, I do think people forget just how close that fight was. Pettis won, but it was hardly domination. And that really emphasizes how important the topics of style-matchup and growth are.

Thread Information