Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    machida turned down the title shot thats only reason vitor got the fight. chael got the fight as areward for trying to save a card that ended up getting canceled and for coaching TUF. I would have a little more sympathy for Machida if it wasn't for him turning down the title fight and winning one split decision fight since then.
    Doesn't refute the fact they were MWs with no ranking in LHW. State the obvious facts of history more.

Rematches between top 5 LHWs are better than putting Jones in there with people who are unranked in his division.

A division is not cleaned out if the champion is not competing in rematches against whoever is the number one contender at the time.

Glover and Gus are next up for Jones. But there are still enough rematches until more prospects arise.

I can see Glover being the champ in 2014 for sure. Casual fans will only have a little feel of Glover and they think Jones is unstoppable. They wont give Glover a chance. I love it when this happens and I know Glover will pull off the upset, if it is much of one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Uhhhh no. Wins over Maldonado, Te Huna, an over the hill Page and Bader is not good enough. Give him Rashad, Goose should have fought him too (I don't think goose she get the shot yet), Hendo but Bader? Wtf.

He hasn't looked as great as he did outside the ufc asides from against Kingsbury really imo.

Or if chael is staying at lhw, that'd be interesting. Give him some wrestlers cuz Jones will just finish him on the bottom.
    The issue with giving him Rashad, Goose etc is that if he beats Jones then all he will be doing is rematching guys he has already beat, meaning the UFC would struggle to market the fights and make $$$'s, its important for him to seem beatable, otherwise people won't buy the PPV's, so having a set of 4-5 challengers that he hasn't fought is fundemental.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Doesn't refute the fact they were MWs with no ranking in LHW. State the obvious facts of history more.

Rematches between top 5 LHWs are better than putting Jones in there with people who are unranked in his division.

A division is not cleaned out if the champion is not competing in rematches against whoever is the number one contender at the time.

Glover and Gus are next up for Jones. But there are still enough rematches until more prospects arise.
    There was no one else to fight jones besides vitor shogun and machida both turned it down.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

There was no one else to fight jones besides vitor shogun and machida both turned it down.
    Stating the obvious facts.

The thing is right now is jones has dismantled so many in the division who really does deserve a title shot?
    You are missing the point. There are still plenty of fights left for Jones. Gus and Glover followed by rematches. Mousasi eventually.

He needs to beat Bader then fight the winner of Machida/Davis. So I think he is two wins away from a title shot right now. I ranked Glover in the 7-10 range right with Bader so the winner of that fight moves into the 4-7 range.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Stating the obvious facts.

You are missing the point. There are still plenty of fights left for Jones. Gus and Glover followed by rematches. Mousasi eventually.
    you said machida should've fought instead of vitor no?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

The thing is right now is jones has dismantled so many in the division who really does deserve a title shot?
    Machida.. the one that was promised the title shot with an impressive win over Bader.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Shogun turned down the short notice fight--and was actively on medical leave. He wasn't offered the same opportunity sonnen was--the opportunity for a full camp. For that matter, even if they felt the Belfort fight needed to happen, they could have had Jones sit until Henderson was healed, but dana was pissed at Dan for not disclosing the injury and knew sonnen would sell pretty well.

That being said if the LHW belt wasn't so clusterfucked by the sham fights, I'd have said Tex needs to face Machida, Henderson or Rua after Bader. But I'm fine with him getting the win with a decisive victory over Bader. I've been a fan of Lyoto for years, but that fight with Hendo was a draw, not a rematch-earning win.

rh

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information