Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

1. Default

It doesn't really matter guys...

Goose is going to KO Jones in the first round.

Jon Jones the former champion will get a rematch before Glover gets a title-shot.

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Machida.. the one that was promised the title shot with an impressive win over Bader.
    which he got and turned down resulting in the fight being given to vitor.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Shogun turned down the short notice fight--and was actively on medical leave. He wasn't offered the same opportunity sonnen was--the opportunity for a full camp. For that matter, even if they felt the Belfort fight needed to happen, they could have had Jones sit until Henderson was healed, but dana was pissed at Dan for not disclosing the injury and knew sonnen would sell pretty well.

That being said if the LHW belt wasn't so clusterfucked by the sham fights, I'd have said Tex needs to face Machida, Henderson or Rua after Bader. But I'm fine with him getting the win with a decisive victory over Bader. I've been a fan of Lyoto for years, but that fight with Hendo was a draw, not a rematch-earning win.

rh

rh
    I agree with most of what you are saying the point i wanted to point out was that the ufc didnt give vitor the fight instead of machida like someone had implied.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I agree with most of what you are saying the point i wanted to point out was that the ufc didnt give vitor the fight instead of machida like someone had implied.
    Noone else implied it. You thought you were making a unique point against me, whereas I was refuting the claim you made that Jones has already cleaned out the division when you said "Who really deserves a title shot at this point". Well, that obviously depends on the rankings.

Like I said, Gus and Glover are new challengers. Machida is in the wings after getting dicked around by Dana White. There's plenty of options for the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    It doesn't really matter guys...

Goose is going to KO Jones in the first round.

Jon Jones the former champion will get a rematch before Glover gets a title-shot.

Don't see anything indicative of Gus being able to KO a top 10 fighter.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 07-24-2013 at 03:05 AM.

I am gonna pull a GSP, and say that isn't gonna matter because Bader is going to win.

I think Bones keeps winning until DC knocks him out in the first round. I think DC is gonna make Bones look bad. The funny thing is that two of my buddies are huge Bones and Anderson fans, I told them that Weidman was the man to knock off Anderson, and I've been saying the same about DC. They have been taking me a bit more seriously ever since their indestructible hero went down.
    USA! USA! USA!

Difference is that GSP had an educated opinion because he had trained with Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I am gonna pull a GSP, and say that isn't gonna matter because Bader is going to win.

I think Bones keeps winning until DC knocks him out in the first round. I think DC is gonna make Bones look bad. The funny thing is that two of my buddies are huge Bones and Anderson fans, I told them that Weidman was the man to knock off Anderson, and I've been saying the same about DC. They have been taking me a bit more seriously ever since their indestructible hero went down.
    I 100% agree with you about DC. Jones is only keeping the belt warm until DC gets his hands on him. And then that fight will be one of the biggest one sided beat downs in the history of UFC title fights. By the end of 2014 DC will be considered the number 1 P4P by just about everyone.

Also Bader has a good shot off knocking off Glover. I can't remember the last time Glover fought anyone like Bader. I think Bader might be able to take him down and pull out a decision.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I 100% agree with you about DC. Jones is only keeping the belt warm until DC gets his hands on him. And then that fight will be one of the biggest one sided beat downs in the history of UFC title fights. By the end of 2014 DC will be considered the number 1 P4P by just about everyone.
    No offense, but your predictions are generally terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

If you're saying the Vitor fight wasn't as disgusting as the sonnen bout, I agree with you. At least Vitor was a former LHW champion, sonnen had never fought at 205 in the UFC. It's the perfect example of what I mean when I say zuffa whores titlefights to guys they know are marketable.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post

Also Bader has a good shot off knocking off Glover. I can't remember the last time Glover fought anyone like Bader. I think Bader might be able to take him down and pull out a decision.
    Are you for real?

which he got and turned down resulting in the fight being given to vitor.

Very few even wanted that fight due to not having enough time to train. That wasn't a fair deal to either party and Machida shouldn't have gotten dinged for that.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information