+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fallen Ones Appreciation Thread

Default The Fallen Ones Appreciation Thread

This appreciation thread is for the fighters who no longer grace us with their blood, sweat, and tears. With MMA moving so fast these days, it's hard to take the time out and really remember the past. Pick a fighter who you admired and add in a moment of theirs that left an impression on you. Multiple posts on the same fighter are welcome. It could be any MMA fighter you care to make mention of that is from the past. Add pictures, gifs, and whatever you want. This thread is to respect and reminisce about the ones that are no longer with us or are on the brink of walking away. No trolling, please.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 07-23-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Andrei arlovski. He used to be my favourite HW fighter but now it just pains me to see him get KOed left and right. When he broke most of his teeth in Johnson fight, my heart nearly sank. Hope he wins few more and then retire.

I was going to say AA as well, still one of my all time favorites. But Chris Lytle deserves early rep on this thread. Respectful, exciting, and a guy who took on more risk to entertain.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

BJ Penn.

Fearless Warrior.

5. Default

Matt Hughes. Choking out Trigg TWICE by RNC, and the armbar on GSP. I still think the Newton "win" is tainted, but talk about an eternal highlight.

Hell, why not. Tank Abbot was always a fun fight to watch. I dont think it really counts as MMA from that era, but his fence choke was awesome.

Marcus Davis, always put on good fights
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Evan Tanner...

I went through several phases of liking the fight game throughout the years but I will never forget couture when he fought gabe gonzaga. When couture slammed him and his head broke gabes nose I jumped out of my fucking seat. I remember us being nervous before the fight thinking couture would get man handled and subbed but when that happened I knew he was gonna win and that Goldie was going to give captain America a proverbial on air bj. Couture may not have the best record but man I enjoyed his fights and fighting spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Evan Tanner...
    God, when tanner had the cave man beard and fought the guy from tuf I just kept hoping he would pull it out. That beard was awesome, as was tanner. He was a warrior.

Jason Macdonald, His fight with Ed Herman is still one of my favorites.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information