Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fallen Ones Appreciation Thread

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Nate Quarry.
    Fuck yeah Nate Quarry was fun as hell to watch... Wich reminds me, idk if hes retired yet, but Rich Franklin was always fun to watch too. He was definetly a company guy but you look at the list of guys hes been in the cage with and its pretty epic.. His ambar escape agains Lutter is still one of my favourite moments in a fight.

Despite the promo's before the Silva/Bonnar fight, it's actually Hendo who is the one really willing to fight anyone, anytime, anywhere. Dan Henderson is the best.

Tank Abbott is a true warrior and was responsible for many fans becoming interested in MMA.

B.J. Penn... I get chills when "E Ala E" begins for his walkout.

Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    oleg taktarov
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Oh man, my favourite mma fighter ever. That video gave me major goosebumps. Sad to see him lose fights lately

Igor Vovchanchyn. Ice Cold had a hell of a run back in the day. Mark Coleman ending his run (not counting the NC against Kerr) at the first Pride Grand Prix

Minowaman!

Ok maybe he was never a world class fighter but I really really enjoyed his attitude, his entrance and his fighting style.
    I liked his very unorthodox methods of training and I liked how he would never quit no matter what.

Unfortunately with the death of DREAM, Minowa has been fighting in very very small shows against unknown korean fighters, and it is almost impossible to find any videos of those fights.

Kazushi Sakuraba:

A true legend of the sport, nothing more to say.

Mirko Crocop:

Forever one of the greatest fighters. Had a very mediocre UFC career but who will ever forget his early K-1 and Pride career?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I've watched the UFC from the first event but UFC 11 was the first one we videotaped. Yep, good ol' VHS. What stuck in my memory from the event was a fighter named Brian Johnston. He had this pissed off look and while I appreciated his seriousness it was a bit comical as well. He ends up getting a quick knockout where he uses headbutts at one point. Big John McCarthy lunges in to get him off the other fighter and I always thought gave Johnston a bloody nose doing so...

Legalize MMA in New York

Gary Goodridge was imprinted in my memory from the moment I saw this viciousness...

Legalize MMA in New York

Evan Tanner, his second fight with Franklin is the definition of a warrior going out on his shield.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information