Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

Default Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...for-the-title/

After Jon Jones defends his title against Alexander Gustafson later this year, there is a short list of viable contenders to fight the winner. Glover Teixeira thinks he is one of them, and hopes to prove in his September bout with Ryan Bader:

"When I said I didn't think I had done enough to earn a title shot, it wasn't because of my confidence or my skills," Teixeira told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "When I said that, it's because I'm new in the company. But I think I have the skills to go over there today and fight for the title and fight Jon Jones."

"My skills and my confidence, I'm ready to fight for the title tomorrow," Teixeira said. "I'm ready to get the title. If Gustafsson gets hurt – and I hope he doesn't, I don't want that for anybody – but I'm always there. If I don't get hurt in the Ryan Bader fight, I'll fight Jon Jones."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

I think Glover deserves a title shot also. He is very well rounded and one of the few that I think has a chance agianest Jones

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I think Glover deserves a title shot also. He is very well rounded and one of the few that I think has a chance agianest Jones
    I think he will get his shot, and I think he is capable of beating Jones, but I have this crazy notion where I believe people should earn title shots. He hasn't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think he's it with an impressive win over bader. I don't see him beating jones, but he will have earned it... And there frankly just anyone else after goose who hasnt already been dominated by champ... Machida is the only rematch that's even kinda interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I think he will get his shot, and I think he is capable of beating Jones, but I have this crazy notion where I believe people should earn title shots. He hasn't yet.
    The thing is right now is jones has dismantled so many in the division who really does deserve a title shot?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Uhhhh no. Wins over Maldonado, Te Huna, an over the hill Page and Bader is not good enough. Give him Rashad, Goose should have fought him too (I don't think goose she get the shot yet), Hendo but Bader? Wtf.

He hasn't looked as great as he did outside the ufc asides from against Kingsbury really imo.

Or if chael is staying at lhw, that'd be interesting. Give him some wrestlers cuz Jones will just finish him on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The thing is right now is jones has dismantled so many in the division who really does deserve a title shot?
    The person below him in the rankings and not the two MW he fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The person below him in the rankings and not the two MW he fought.
    machida turned down the title shot thats only reason vitor got the fight. chael got the fight as areward for trying to save a card that ended up getting canceled and for coaching TUF. I would have a little more sympathy for Machida if it wasn't for him turning down the title fight and winning one split decision fight since then.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I think if he looks real impressive against Bader and people don't want to see Machida get a rematch, or he loses to Davis, he definitely deserves the next title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information