Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Nelson vs. Daniel Cormier Tabbed As UFC 166 Co-Main Event

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    This fight makes no sense to me.. DC is a top 5 Heavyweight and although I love Roy, he needs to get a few good wins again before he has the right to face Cormier IMO.

DC dominates Roy and tko's him I think.
    Really? Cormier has had exactly one fight in the UFC. Outside of wins against Mir and Barnett has he really done a lot to cement top 5 status?

But Roy needs a "few" more "good" wins?
    Legalize MMA in New York

Bigfoot, Barnett, and Mir are all bigger wins than any Roy has. Between that and Roy coming off a loss to a sub-10 fighter, this is a big step down for DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Bigfoot, Barnett, and Mir are all bigger wins than any Roy has. Between that and Roy coming off a loss to a sub-10 fighter, this is a big step down for DC.
    I respectfully disagree then. I'm not impressed by any of those wins. I think Cormier still has plenty to prove.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Which is a situation he kind of put himself in. He won't step up and push for a title shot with Cain as champ and has been dragging his feet about going down to 205 for quite some time now.

Not that it matters to the UFC of course but no way should a win over Roy in the wrong weight class lead to a title shot. Glover (assuming he beats Bader) would be a more relevant challenger if they need someone to fight Jones at that point anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    I respectfully disagree then. I'm not impressed by any of those wins. I think Cormier still has plenty to prove.
    My disagreement was with respect as well. But I think those wins are pretty meaningful. I'm curious, what is it that leaves so much undeclared for you? Is it the SF thing? The way he won?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Which is a situation he kind of put himself in. He won't step up and push for a title shot with Cain as champ and has been dragging his feet about going down to 205 for quite some time now.

Not that it matters to the UFC of course but no way should a win over Roy in the wrong weight class lead to a title shot. Glover (assuming he beats Bader) would be a more relevant challenger if they need someone to fight Jones at that point anyways.
    When it comes to Cormier's side of the story, I agree with everything you're saying. I just don't like Roy getting the big step up after a loss. If anything, this should be Stipe's opportunity. Not the guy who just lost; not the guy who used racial slurs to bait the fight.

Granted, I'm very biased as I really dislike Roy as a person for what he's been doing recently. And I think he's a boring fighter who's got some good knockouts in fights that showed very little skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information