Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Nelson's new UFC contract a long-term deal

Hybrid View

Default Roy Nelson's new UFC contract a long-term deal

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...long-term-deal

If he fulfills it, Roy Nelson's new UFC contract should keep him with the promotion for at least three years.

Nelson's manager, Mike Kogan, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the heavyweight's deal calls for nine fights in the octagon. He declined to disclose financial terms of the contract, citing its confidentiality provision.

For the first fight of the new deal, "Big Country" is scheduled to meet Daniel Cormier (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) in the pay-per-view co-main event of UFC 166, which takes place Oct. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston.

Nelson (19-8 MMA, 6-4 UFC) looks to rebound from a lackluster showing in his most recent fight, which served as the last obligation of his previous contract. He faced Stipe Miocic on short notice this past month at UFC 161 and was thoroughly outstruck before losing a unanimous decision. The setback snapped a three-fight win streak of first-round knockouts.

Many observers thought Nelson's tempestuous relationship with UFC President Dana White would open the door for his ouster from the promotion and a move into free agency, but White said he would negotiate with the fighter regardless of their past.

congrats big roy official UFC heavyweight gate keeper!

yeah he will be 39-40 when the contract ends glad DW did him right and didnt just kick him to the curb

Doesn't mean much, they can cut him after any loss no? lol when I hear long term......

I'm a little surprised. Dana hates Roy. Something tells me the decision to resign him wasn't entirely Dana's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm a little surprised. Dana hates Roy. Something tells me the decision to resign him wasn't entirely Dana's decision.
    Something like the fact they could not let him go sign with WSOF or Bellator...

This does not mean anything, he will not last 9 or 10 more fights in the UFC.

Cormier is going to destroy him, and after that Roy will have another fight that if he loses, he gets cut.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Good for Big Country.

I'm pretty sure this deal willl allow for a whole lot of cheeseburgers and mullets!

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

I'm a little surprised there's no much dislike for Roy. Sure he'll never win the belt, but when he when's its normally a highlight reel ko. And when he loses its just crazy to see the asswhippin' that guy can endure. I mean, he's an idiot... But he's an entertaining idiot.

Thread Information